Wiki Posts
Search

China Airlines deploys 74C on Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
China Airlines deploys 74C on Vancouver

As of 12JAN16, 74C will be fully deployed on Vancouver where...

1. Original First Class will be sold as Business Class.
2. Original Dynasty Class will be sold as Premium Economy.
3. No changes to Economy Class.

Miles required for upgrades will follow 77W and change to 20k/25k for Economy to Premium Economy (original Dynasty), and 60k to Business (original First). Premium Economy (original Business) to Business (original First) will be 25k/30k. Refer to chart below.

http://www.china-airlines.com/ch/pro...1a3013e32.html
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:58 am

Thanks, I was just looking at options to YVR over Chinese New Year! Unfortunately, it looks like their booking engine is down so I haven't been able to figure out if they'll only charge Premium Economy prices, too
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guidospizza
Thanks, I was just looking at options to YVR over Chinese New Year! Unfortunately, it looks like their booking engine is down so I haven't been able to figure out if they'll only charge Premium Economy prices, too
It is possible that if the number of passengers on the plane exceeds 12 they will put Business Class passengers in the original Dynasty Class, while Premium Economy passengers will all be seated at the upper cabin. Therefore, one should call before they book their ticket to confirm.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Thats definately an interesting arrangement. So would the first class seating get the new premium businesss class service or just still normal dyanasty service?

I see Premium economy being good value as its well and truely better than the 777 PE. I know its temporary until the new planes go on that route but still good idea for the short term. Business class (with old first class seating) well its okay value but they do usually charge alot for the new Premium Business class routes to USA.

Any idea when PE will become standard on all long hual and medium hual flights?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
It is possible that if the number of passengers on the plane exceeds 12 they will put Business Class passengers in the original Dynasty Class, while Premium Economy passengers will all be seated at the upper cabin. Therefore, one should call before they book their ticket to confirm.
Would they block off the adjacent seat for Business Class passengers seated in the old cabin?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lolstebbo
Would they block off the adjacent seat for Business Class passengers seated in the old cabin?
I have no idea, for some reason their new booking system for TPE-YVR does not allow me to view the seats before payment... so... If they do that then it just means 14 extra seats cause the upper deck will have to be used for Premium Economy. It seems comparable revenue wise for CI cause it's 14 extra Business v. 25 Premium Economy, but I don't think pax would like to seat in the old seats and pay hefty price.

12 x TWD 110k + 49 x TWD 62.5k v. 24 x TWD 110k + 24 x TWD 62.5k = 4.38m v. 4.14m

Last edited by coolfish1103; Dec 1, 2015 at 12:52 am
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:09 pm

http://china-airlines.com/en/promoti...3b6dbfb3b.html

~USD500 more expensive than E on SFO/LAX/JFK-TPE.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:01 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lolstebbo
http://china-airlines.com/en/promoti...3b6dbfb3b.html

~USD500 more expensive than E on SFO/LAX/JFK-TPE.
Is this for premium economy upper deck return price?

If so then I think its good value, The old business class seats are still better than the new PE seating. If it was over 600-700 USD more then it would start to be over priced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.