Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH - Chef on Call

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

MH - Chef on Call

We have an upcoming (Feb 26th) Avios redemption booking in Biz class on Malaysia Airlines from KUL to ADL. When I log on to Chef on Call I cant pre-order any meals. Am i trying too soon? Is it to do with the fact it is an Avios booking? What is usual meal service from KUL-ADL (22.30 dep)? i.e. is it dinner & breakfast or snack & breakfast ?

Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Nothing to do with Avios. You can book Chef on Call (CoC) with a J or F booking. I usually fly MH F on Avios. Never an issue with CoC.

This is the current MH CoC menu
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/cont..._menu_2014.pdf

This is the link to the on-line order form.
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/e...eal/Order.html
You need to enter the MH 5 character booking reference, not the 6 character BA one. You do have this?
The order form will let you know if you are meant to order 1 or 2 main courses from the CoC menu once it recognises the MH booking reference.

If you enter you BA booking reference on this link, you can see if you can find the MH booking reference.
https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...TN&LANGUAGE=GB

Otherwise, ring up MH London office. Given them the flight number and date as well as your name. You can give the CoC order on the phone rather than using the on-line form. Suggest you request your allocated seat at the same time.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Hi KenJohn

Thanks for the info. I had tried that previously and i manage to get logged in but upon doing so the meal choices page just says 'supper' & there are no meal options?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:15 am

KUL-ADL is dinner following take off and snack/breakfast about 1 1/2 before arrival.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Not flown KUL-ADL, but this is a possibility.

If it shows supper and no choices, probably means you are going to get Satay and Fruits for supper.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO you canot order Chef n Call until fairly close to your travel date, IIRC thrity days, and it must be done on line. At that time, you will receive an email with a link. I didn't have success trying to to this by phone through a MH call center. You will need the MH PNR to use the system.

Note also that if you have a direct flight, the system seems to have problems accepting the meal order. When I tried to do this by phone, the choice was supposedly confirmed but the agent apparently only entered it as a note in my record, which was then not processed or noticed until it was too late and I was about to board.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I flew KUL-LHR return last week, and used chef on call. I did not receive an email from MAS about it, but having used the service before and been impressed with the food, found the page on the MAS website and ordered there. Choosing the food was quite straight forward.

The food was good, however rather annoyingly, on the way out (a day flight) for lunch I had ordered the beef rib, but didn't receive it. Everyone around me was served, including the guy sat next to me, who also had the beef rib.... After everyone else had finished I asked the stewardess where my meal was, and she went to investigate, and came back a few minutes later to say that my meal had not been ordered. Trying not to make a fuss (this, I admit, is very much a first world problem!) I asked how this could happen, and the air stewardess admitted, after a couple of minutes, that one of her colleagues had given it to someone else by mistake. If I had moved seats I could understand how this could happen, but it seemed like a bit of a basic error to me. I instead was given the lamb shank (what the person who had eaten my lunch had ordered), which was ok, but quite fatty (although to be fair I was still mourning the beef rib, which looked really nice!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.