Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eva to IAH?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Weight issue not overbooked. It was being reported in a Chinese aviation forum and they are surprised how generous AA offers for VDB (sorry I was meant to say VDB not IDB, as new UA have new rule about VDB to cap at $400 only)

Some of those ultra long haul like JFK/ORD-HKG can fully take advantage of polar routing, whereas DFW-HKG can't. Both EWR/ORD-HKG can now perform by 777-200ER (can even perform by the lower thrust PW4090 and not even the much powerful GE90) and don't need 77W or the early days A346-600.
Ok, that's true about polar routing, or rather the lack of it from IAH/DFW to East Asia.

The A-Net discussion that jerryhung linked to seems to suggest that AA had no trouble with MTOW in earlier months of DFW-HKG. So if there is weight issue now (not doubting you at all BTW... just for discussion here ) it suggests to me that maybe AA has changed something internally - like maybe using different alternate airports that requires longer diversion time. I think it's too early to attribute the performance shortfall on winter headwinds.

So in the context of IAH-TPE, the alternate airport issue could come in play too. I wonder what BR uses for alternate airports on its trans-pacific flights? TSA and KHH doesn't have enough room for holding lots of widebody diversions so it must be HKG? XMN would be the most ideal but very problematic.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I travel to BKK 3 times a year, since United discontinued their NRT-BKK route the ANA flight is one of the most uncomfortable flights i have ever been on.
I am happy that it is official, Eva Air IAH-TPE as I have done it through LAX but would much prefer only 1 stop.

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201410210016.aspx
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BigVenz
I travel to BKK 3 times a year, since United discontinued their NRT-BKK route the ANA flight is one of the most uncomfortable flights i have ever been on.
I am happy that it is official, Eva Air IAH-TPE as I have done it through LAX but would much prefer only 1 stop.

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201410210016.aspx
If only it was a about 1 week earlier!!!! Maybe I can catch it on my return to Asia.

Glad it is IAH first!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
If only it was a about 1 week earlier!!!! Maybe I can catch it on my return to Asia.

Glad it is IAH first!
Your lucky day!!
Schedule just officially hit their website for booking.
Starts June 20th
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Your lucky day!!
Starts June 20th
Unfortunately it misses the best reason to goto Taipei for Business. (Computex is on the 2nd to the 6th)
Old Dec 12, 2014, 2:44 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
More details available here (at airlineroute.net). Three rotations a week from 19 June, increasing to four from 7 July.

The flight times will disappoint some:

TPE-IAH flights will depart at 22:00 and arrive at 23:25;
return flights IAH-TPE depart at 01:15 and arrive at 05:55 (+1).
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IMH
More details available here (at airlineroute.net). Three rotations a week from 19 June, increasing to four from 7 July.

The flight times will disappoint some:

TPE-IAH flights will depart at 22:00 and arrive at 23:25;
return flights IAH-TPE depart at 01:15 and arrive at 05:55 (+1).
Yes not the best timings and the pricing is not to great. I'm getting around 1,700 USD for my dates this summer. Should I expect them to offer so kind of sale to kick-off the route?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Yes not the best timings and the pricing is not to great. I'm getting around 1,700 USD for my dates this summer. Should I expect them to offer so kind of sale to kick-off the route?
Would not be surprised, we saw CA sell tickets from IAH-PEK-HKG on Y for $800ish when released. Now they are easily over $1000 unless booked through a TA
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Turkish Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
so excited they'll be flying the hello kitty jet I'll probably even fly from SFO to IAH and to TPE just to experience it~
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by changey2
so excited they'll be flying the hello kitty jet I'll probably even fly from SFO to IAH and to TPE just to experience it~
Is it confirmed they are flying the hello kitty on all days?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it confirmed they are flying the hello kitty on all days?
It seems 1 plane can serve the route 3x (357/146) a week but not 4x (2357/1346) a week. Maybe between the CDG Kitty and IAH Kitty, both will get Kitty every flight CDG Kitty is 77N and IAH Kitty will be 77A.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by username
It seems 1 plane can serve the route 3x (357/146) a week but not 4x (2357/1346) a week. Maybe between the CDG Kitty and IAH Kitty, both will get Kitty every flight CDG Kitty is 77N and IAH Kitty will be 77A.
My wife finds out about this and it will be eva for now on. Any idea which day of the week will not be the Kitty flight
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife finds out about this and it will be eva for now on. Any idea which day of the week will not be the Kitty flight
I don't think they have announced the Kitty schedule for IAH. If I had to GUESS, I would say the initial 3 will be Kitty every day. The additional Tuesday TPE-IAH/Wednesday IAH-TPE flight would be the problem one.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Where does it say IAH will get hello kitty jet?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krispykrme
Where does it say IAH will get hello kitty jet?
Not just Hello Kitty - a Texas-sized Hello Kitty!

http://www.evaair.com/en-us/news-rel...i-houston.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.