Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6 777-300er's china airlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Boeing News made announcements on CI purchases.

To cut it short...

CI will retain 3-class but have over 350 seats in their 77W.

Emirates 77W seating sounds like the plan at the moment from the news.

1-2-1 First Suite (2 rows)
2-3-2 Lie Flat Business (6 rows)
3-4-3 Economy (31")

= 354 Seats

What a joy to be in those Economy seats unless CI is dumping First. Though it's most likely CI will keep First because they don't need to compete directly with BR, so...

CI First Suite
BR Royal Laurel
CI Business Lie Flat
BR Elite
BR Economy
CI Economy

If CI dumps First, then they can go CX route to fit 340+ seats.

CI Business Lie Flat = BR Royal Laurel
CI Economy Comfort
BR Elite
BR Economy
CI Economy
Oh god, this sounds like a terrible idea. Their 747s are configured for about 380 seats. 3-4-3 in Y on a 777 is just.... such a terrible idea.

There's also a chance that this means it'll still use stupid angled lie-flat seats in Business. Which would also be a terrible idea.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:05 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Well The question is. The seats Emirates on the 777W are their business class seats fully flat or angled? If flat then China airlines will be the same.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by tris06
Well The question is. The seats Emirates on the 777W are their business class seats fully flat or angled? If flat then China airlines will be the same.
Angled, IIRC.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:27 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

ahh

Well in that case I am glad they will go to american routes as i will least likely to use them.

A350-900's will be flat for sure and it was already confirmed a long time. Still we will need to wait an see. Maybe the slightly more modern seats compared to emirates current 777 setup will allow enough space for fully flat beds.

The 747's for example i believe have the same number of seats as the older configuration but was able to fit an equal number of passengers. And the business offering went from cradle to angled flat bed.

Keep the faith until an actual comment has been made about the actual seating.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
The 747's for example i believe have the same number of seats as the older configuration but was able to fit an equal number of passengers. And the business offering went from cradle to angled flat bed.
For 747, Business Class reduces from 64 to 49 seats after reconfiguration.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by mckerrow
For 747, Business Class reduces from 64 to 49 seats after reconfiguration.
I think he meant the seats without pod (74C) have less recline then the ones with pod that were recently refurbished. Same layout but due to safety concerns the recline is not as good.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: QF, VN, SQ, SPG, IHG PG
By any chance will the 773ER's free any A330's for a possible MEL-TPE flight? would love to see a direct service to TPE !
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by soorox
By any chance will the 773ER's free any A330's for a possible MEL-TPE flight? would love to see a direct service to TPE !
I wouldn't count on a flight to Melbourne unless they can get Sydney to daily first. Maybe then they can start a Melbourne flight and tag Auckland there.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:22 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Plus from my talk from ci staff in brisbane and one woman i talked with in business class last time. They will include the connection flight to and from sydney and melbourne. Also many airlines already serve melborne to asia, where brisbane has far fewer asian carriers flying in (not to mention the large taiwanese community. Have they ever tried melborne before? I agree with cool they are more likely to increase frequency in Sydney and Brisbane than add a route in the near future. I wonder what destination has the higher loading on average.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:55 am

Plus from my talk from ci staff in brisbane and one woman i talked with in business class last time. They will include the connection flight to and from sydney and melbourne. Also many airlines already serve melborne to asia, where brisbane has far fewer asian carriers flying in (not to mention the large taiwanese community. Have they ever tried melborne before? I agree with cool they are more likely to increase frequency in Sydney and Brisbane than add a route in the near future. I wonder what destination has the higher loading on average.
I seem to remember Mandarin Airlines flew TPE-SYD-MEL for a very short time. I don't know how long it lasted. EVA flew MEL before as well.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: QF GO
Is EVA still thinking to resume SYD service?
Old Dec 28, 2012, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mckerrow
I seem to remember Mandarin Airlines flew TPE-SYD-MEL for a very short time. I don't know how long it lasted. EVA flew MEL before as well.
I don't think BR, CI or AE flew to MEL. I think BR operated BNE-SYD at one point and there is the BNE and SYD-AKL that CI and BR both have done.

With CI in SkyTeam and BR in *A soon, maybe they will find additional passengers to make these routes do better.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by username
I don't think BR, CI or AE flew to MEL. I think BR operated BNE-SYD at one point and there is the BNE and SYD-AKL that CI and BR both have done.

With CI in SkyTeam and BR in *A soon, maybe they will find additional passengers to make these routes do better.
I am pretty sure BR flew to MEL in between 1995 and 1997(?).

I don't know whether or not AE did MEL before. Maybe I got confused with TPE-BNE-SYD. I cannot find any information on this.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 6:02 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Anyway they only have 1 a330 to deliver according to plane spotters website. Then only replacement i could see the a330 is currently is the tpe-del-rome route. An 330 would easily be able to fly to nz from tpe. Where the tpe-rome is too far for the a330. Actually u can see the a330 is great little plane for their australian and nz routes. Right capacity and a nice 3-3:30hr jump to nz. Maybe in 12yrs time they will get replaced by the 787-9/10.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:38 am

Confirmed with CI Taiwan that Business seats in 77W will be fully new lie-flat. The new could be brand new (meaning not refurbished), or leading industry (something we have not seen). I'll take the former since it's CI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.