Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review of Air China 777-300 from LAX to Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Red face Review of Air China 777-300 from LAX to Beijing

I recently completed a trip on air china 777-300 coach from LAX to Beijing. Flight was scheduled for 1:20pm. I showed up at the gate around 10 am, and it was pretty empty.

Checked into security and hung around starbucks for a bit. Boarding process was pretty standard.

First meal was served about 1.5 hours into the flight. There was option for fish or chicken. I chose the chicken. Chicken tasted ok. I probably give it a B. Rice was soggy.

I had asked for OJ during my lunch. After I had finished the OJ, I asked for a can of beer. FA says that she'll come back w/ the beer. I then asked for cup of water. Instead of pouring me a new cup of water, the flight attendant poured water into the OJ cup. Brilliant. Needless to say, i didn't drink that water.

Later she came back with the beer, which was lukewarm. I should have asked for ice but i gulped it down.

Then I tried to go to sleep, and dozed off for about an hour before waking up and flipping through the in flight entertainment system.

I get thirsty and walk back to galley to have a drink of water. I speak to FA in english, who seemed to have trouble understanding me. She gestures to the counter where the the water, cups, and OJ was seated. Ok, I get it. It's self-serve drinks.

I go back to sleep/watch tv. About 2-3 hours before the plane lands, they serve a second meal. Beef noodle or pork fried rice. I tried pork fried rice. It was kinda soggy, but barely edible. C+.

Then we land. Glad that trip was over.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: many
Looks/sounds like Air China leaves lots to be desired.

Hopefully in the least you are able to reschedule your return trip on a better airline.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by pcharles
Looks/sounds like Air China leaves lots to be desired.

Hopefully in the least you are able to reschedule your return trip on a better airline.
Which airline is this?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 1:02 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by moondog
Which airline is this?
I would like to know, too.

LAX
Old Aug 11, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am quite surprised how bad their food service while the caterer is gategourmet !!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.