Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Lounge BKK

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2012, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Brown, EK Blue, Sirius
EVA Lounge BKK

We are flying into BKK from LHR on EVA in J and have a three hour wait for a connecting flight on Bangkok Airways.

Can anyone tell me if we would be able to access the EVA Lounge on arrival or if it is only for departing or status pax.

Thanks
Old May 15, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Pretty sure you are not allowed. However, from my experience the EVA BKK lounge staff are pretty relaxed and easy going. If you show them your LHR-BKK C boarding pass, and ask if you can stay for a bit I'm sure (famous last words) they would let you in. Sure I'm Diamond now, but I wasn't always that way.

Also you could try asking at the LHR check-in for a BKK lounge invite. Normally for LHR-BKK-TPE pax they give 2 lounge invites (one for LHR, one for BKK), so do have them there.
Old May 15, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by jimbo99
Also you could try asking at the LHR check-in for a BKK lounge invite. Normally for LHR-BKK-TPE pax they give 2 lounge invites (one for LHR, one for BKK), so do have them there.
No chance without a BR onward! Unless of course you have a certain way with the ladies
Old May 15, 2012, 3:55 pm

Just as a footnote, earlier this year I got Ms Jimbo into the BKK lounge. I was on BR68 LHR-BKK-TPE. She was flying MUC-BKK-TPE all on TG. The lounge staff were fine about it. I do feel they are a bit laid back. They used to let me use the lounge as gold when connecting onto other flights. Not sure they were supposed to.

Don't think I have a particular way with the ladies. (I struggle with Ms Jimbo.) Wouldn't surprise me if the AA check-in at LHR take a tougher line as Dave Z says. I think Gus has reported getting lounge cards at LHR he wasn't strictly entitled to. (Perhaps he paid cash?)
Old May 15, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Just as a footnote, earlier this year I got Ms Jimbo into the BKK lounge. I was on BR68 LHR-BKK-TPE. She was flying MUC-BKK-TPE all on TG. The lounge staff were fine about it. I do feel they are a bit laid back. They used to let me use the lounge as gold when connecting onto other flights. Not sure they were supposed to.

Don't think I have a particular way with the ladies. (I struggle with Ms Jimbo.) Wouldn't surprise me if the AA check-in at LHR take a tougher line as Dave Z says. I think Gus has reported getting lounge cards at LHR he wasn't strictly entitled to. (Perhaps he paid cash?)
They are suppose to let you use it as a Diamond.

#9 of the rules under Diamond.

When Diamond Card members travel with other airlines' international flights, members can access the EVA Air VIP lounge through the following:

Access the EVA Air VIP lounge when traveling with other airlines' international flights...

Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport - Yes
Member may invite 2 travel companions and/or children under 12 years old

BKK / SFO Airport - Yes
Member may invite 2 travel companions (including children under 12 years old)
Old May 16, 2012, 2:05 am

Yep those are the rules. But:

1) Ms Jimbo was not my "travel companion" and indeed they let her stay after I departed. We had arrived and were departing on different flights. The staff knew this.

2) They used to let me use it as gold when on other airlines.
Old May 16, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Yep those are the rules. But:

1) Ms Jimbo was not my "travel companion" and indeed they let her stay after I departed. We had arrived and were departing on different flights. The staff knew this.

2) They used to let me use it as gold when on other airlines.
First one is patchy because she is your wife and technically you are both traveling to TPE, just on different flights (so traveling companion does make sense).

On the second one I have to say they are laid back and hope EVA doesn't know this. Enjoy your benefits.
Old May 19, 2012, 9:53 am
Gus

When travelling out of BKK (to LHR) I have purchased a Lounge pass on more than one occasion, I think the cost was 800 baht, about £18.

I have found the retail food and drink outlets at BKK to be quite expensive, but then again it is an airport.

If checking in at LHR Premium Laurel check in, it may be worth mentioning matters there, perhaps a message would be forwarded to BKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.