Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Other Air Travel including Private & Non-Airline Aviation
Reload this Page >

Discussion: JetsuiteX - Private jet between LA/SF/Vegas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

What's the checked baggage allowance?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:30 pm

"50 lbs total. This includes 2 checked bags per person not weighing more than 25 lbs each. Any additional luggage should be communicated to JetSuiteX at least 48 hours before the scheduled flight for evaluation and consideration."

btw, I've seen people check in a few surfboard with no problems.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Anything on the east coast?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:36 pm

@sonofzeus - no service on the east coast yet, but I'm hoping JetsuiteX can expand their network soon. They have a sweet spot by using underutilized airports and FBO's to service large cities. The planes are Embraer regional jets that used to fly for AA. JSX bought them and put a ton of money into making them VIP worthy.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:54 pm

Signup does not work for me. I complete the registration form as requested but after clicking "submit" nothing happens...
Old Oct 11, 2016, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

30 person regional jet dosnt strike me as particularly private. The advantages of no tsa etc are probably negated by lack of easy acces to infrastracture eg rental cars hotel shuttles etc - perhap uber is a good option there.
Nice to have another option (especially if you can get promo price) but there are pros and cons here...
Old Oct 11, 2016, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
30 person regional jet dosnt strike me as particularly private. The advantages of no tsa etc are probably negated by lack of easy acces to infrastracture eg rental cars hotel shuttles etc - perhap uber is a good option there.
Nice to have another option (especially if you can get promo price) but there are pros and cons here...
True with regards to hotel shuttles, but FBOs are much more convenient with respect to rental cars. While they won't pull your car onto the tarmac like with a true private flight, they will have it just outside the front door of the FBO, so its often a 2 minute walk from the door of the plane to your car.

They have listed on their website a company they contract with at BUR for rental cars and their rates look reasonable.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
So I like the concept of this but am east cost. I'm curious/worried. How long can they stay under part 380? Presumably their landing fees are substantially less than the commercial guys and who doesn't want to skip TSA. For those two reasons I'm wondering how long until the commercial guys (airlines and airports) start pressuring the FAA to say they are exceeding the intent of 380 and say they are a commercial air carrier more like CapeAir and can't operate out of FBO (I'm fairly sure they can't but maybe it's their own business choice not to). Edit: okay I think commuter air carriers don't have to but then what puts them under part 119(?) that regulates the full fledged carriers?

Last edited by ucfjoe; Nov 26, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.