Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
You can call those UK phone booths at EPCOT

Someone posted this on one of my Disney e-chat groups:

====================
If you’ve strolled through the World Showcase at Epcot, you’ve no doubt seen the bright red phone booths in the United Kingdom and Canada pavilions. Maybe you even have a souvenir photo from when you tried to see how many people can fit into one booth. But did you know that those phones really work? You can’t use them to make a call but you can call into them.

It can be a lot of fun to surprise an unsuspecting guest with a call, whether you’re dialing from home or from the patio of Rose and Crown. All those old phone pranks are coming to mind now, aren’t they? Wouldn’t it be fun to impersonate a character and get someone to do something funny? “Hello, this is Mary Poppins. Do you know the song Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious? Oh good – you simply must sing it with me right now, as loud as you can. Here we go… ” Or just have a nice chat with whoever answers about what they’ve been up to at Walt Disney World and live vicariously through them.

Here are the numbers in case you need a little Epcot diversion today. When you reach someone, be sure to share your stories in the comments below. I’d love to hear about the conversations that ensued.

Canada: 407-827-9884
United Kingdom (left side): 407-827-9862
United Kingdom (middle): 407-827-9863
United Kingdom (right side): 407-827-9861
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
How cool! I've never even picked up the phone there, figuring it wouldn't work.

I'll give it a try next month
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:16 am

Hm, either that or those are the phone numbers of four of toomanybooks' best friends that he wanted to prank...
Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, HHonors

Same prefix and sequential numbers? I doubt it but wonder how long they'll be active after that post?!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
You can't call UK. Because it's too expensive! You have save the money for your phone bill.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, HHonors

Check the numbers again - despite missing the country code they are valid format for an Orlando, FL USA number (sorry the prefixes escape me to narrow it down further than that - not that such granularity is necessary here)

I'm assuming these are part of some UK exhibit at Epcot center in Florida.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
It's too late to call tonight.. I may give it a try tomorrow during Illuminations.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 3:30 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
These numbers do work, I know quite a few people who have rang them usually from the UK itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.