Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walt Disney World: Local Know's Christmas/New Years Events

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2010, 9:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Walt Disney World: Local Know's Christmas/New Years Events

This thread is to communicate events that are special for Christmas and New Year's week. Some of these events are not advertised, and only available if you call WDW dining reservations. Even www.disneyworld.com does not show descriptions to some of these special events.

Restaurants were all sold out New Year's Eve at Epcot.. There is a local know's secret that for some reason people have missed and this event is available on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.. I'm happy to report that we booked this event..

Epcot World Show Place - New Years Eve Celebration
Tribute to Fantasia (New Years day Celebration available as well)

Sitting #1
Supper at 5:00 pm.. 2 hours - 1 hour intermission
Show at 8:00 pm.. 2 hours

Sitting #2
Show at 4:30 pm.. 2 hours - intermission
Supper at 8:00 pm

Fireworks during intermission at 7:45 pm
Price is approximately $66 per adult, $40 per child, infants free

OTHER OFFERINGS..

Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Terrace, Dinner, dessert, and suited fireworks viewing area

Price is $166 approximately per adult, about half price for a child, infants free

Mickey's Backyard BBQ Christmas Day

Special Christmas Presentation and Menu - Dec 25, 2010

4:00 pm and 6:00 pm (still availability at 4:00 pm last I checked)

$52.99 per adult, $30.99 per child, infants free
Old Oct 25, 2010, 1:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Got Kids who want to see Mickey, but can't get in because its' sold out..

Candle Light Processional Dinner Package - Garden Grill

Includes Mickey, Chip & Dale, Goofy..

Garden Grill is usually sold out, but they reserve tables for Candle Light Processional Dinner Packages, and I'm happy to report that they have had some availability throughout Christmas week. We just booked ours for December 28th, 2010. So what you get is Garden Grill Meal with characters, and reserved seating area at the Candle Light Processional.. as well as a special area to view Illuminations.

$50.05 per adult
$25.55 per child

Candle Light Processional Dinner Package - Participating Epcot Restaurants

Dinner combos, reserved seating at the Candle Light Processional, and special area to view Illuminations.

Price and meals vary.

Fantasmic Dinner Packages

With Christmas week being so busy, you may want to book this dinner package which will include a guaranteed reserved seat for your party at Fantasmic. Usually, the waits to get into Fantasmic are around 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours, and you may not be able to get in.. We booked Mama Melrose on December 27th, 2010. Other restaurants include Hollywood and Vine, and Brown Derby.

Mama Melrose Package $38.33 per adult, approximately $18 per child.

Update Mickey's Back Yard BBQ

The Christmas version of this classic which includes Mickey and Minnie Mouse, is actually available on Christmas day as posted above and dates prior to Christmas (check for availability at dining reservations). We booked Mickey's Back Yard BBQ for December 23rd (we want to be at the castle for Christmas Day).. and includes Turkey, Ham, stuffing, all the fixings, and a special Christmas theme, decorations, costumes, kids program, etc. We've attended the regular Mickey's Back Yard BBQ last year, but we are looking towards the Christmas version.

Chef Mickey's

Happy to report availability at this sought after restaurant after December 31st, 2010 til about January 5th, 2010. However, only brekkie and supper January 2nd to the 5th.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Some Year Round Stuff that we're booking, that will be of net benefit when crowd levels reach peak..

Tusker House - Reserved Seating for Nemo

Reservation for lunch between 1:00 pm and 1:45 pm, and get reserved seats no charge to Nemo 3:15 pm. Reservation for meal between 1:50 pm and approximately 2:30, and get reserved seats no charge to Nemo 4:30 pm

Tomorrowland Dessert Party

Low season rates approximately $23 per adult, and $12 per child. Dessert buffet and specialty beverages starts 1 hour prior to fireworks. Private standing room area with canopy. High Season Rates range to $45 per adult and $23 per child.. I don't know for the extra charge that you would receive anything extra for the higher charge.

Local's Know Christmas continued..

New Year's Eve at Atlantic Dance Disney Board Walk

New Years Eve will be celebrated at Atlantic Dance (Disney's Boardwalk Resort) from 8pm until 2am on New Year's Eve. The cost is $35 per person - all guests must be 21 and up. Price includes a champagne toast at midnight, as well as party favors.

For $65, guests can upgrade to VIP status, including a private VIP area, coffee and desserts, and a private fireworks viewing location.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/new-years-eve.htm

(we won't be going to this one, but its an alternative).

Special Event Christmas Time at Magic Kingdom

Cinderella's Holiday Wish Stage Show
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (extra charge)
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Amazing.. Just scored the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party Holiday Edition for Christmas Eve!^^ Awesome! As a note, From the 18th to the 25th of December is the Holiday Edition of the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party, and closer to New Years 28th, 29th, and 30th, is the New Year's Edition of Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party. Prices are $5 per adult higher for the holiday edition, and $17 per adult higher for the New Year's edition. Each is different and the Disney agent mentioned there are different desserts and possible champagne/cider served for the New Years, which is why there is a higher price paid.

A note to the above, Mickey's Backyard BBQ from December 22nd to 25th, is a special edition Christmas supper buffet at Fort Wilderness.. must book within these dates to get the special festivities, and holiday food selections.

Forgot to mention.. My youngest son will be 1 years old on Christmas Eve.. Awesome day planned at Magic Kingdom with Castle for lunch, and Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Part and Fireworks.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Dec 5, 2010 at 8:55 pm
Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:57 am

Programs: AA
Great Holiday Light show--Hollywood studios park

I had the opportunity to visit the Hollywood Theme Park yesterday, and there is a fantastic Holiday Light Display there starting at dusk. Lights are animated with music. If you like Angels, they are everywhere! It was truly the highlight of the day for me.

It's called "The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights." (note--not the Ozzy family.) Located in their "Streets of America," and runs from dusk to park closing.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The Osborne family lights great. A piece of advice, if you go, be in the area before it gets dark - preferably toward the back. This way you can see everything as soon as the lights come on and get the heck out of there while you can still walk around

It's also pretty neat when they turn on the snow making machines.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Talking to a Disney Agent, its' getting to be around 40 degrees this week.. I heard Floridians are walking around in boots and winter gear.. Maybe they won't need the snow making machines everyday.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:34 pm

When I saw the lights I actually had my winter coat and gloves on, and was happy I had them with me.

One other year, I had to go out and buy shorts because it was so hot.

In other words, when you go to MCO in Dec/Jan, bring all kinds of clothes with you.

I think I remember wishing I had a hat one year
Old Dec 6, 2010, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA
I noticed they do have lockers just inside the gate if one wanted to store outerwear. December in particular is a tricky month for weather--very subject to cold fronts coming from the north. You can experience weather extremes in a single day.

If on a budget, I would also recommend bringing along some easy to carry snacks and drinks to avoid being held hostage to theme park concession prices.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e
When I saw the lights I actually had my winter coat and gloves on, and was happy I had them with me.

One other year, I had to go out and buy shorts because it was so hot.

In other words, when you go to MCO in Dec/Jan, bring all kinds of clothes with you.

I think I remember wishing I had a hat one year
Didn't see writing posts for awhile.. Were you vacationing in Hawaii? Glad to see you safely back.^

We were there in Oct 08 and hit a record low 32 farenheit.. brrr.. I was actually in jeans.

Good tips.. I will tell my wife who freezes in 80 farenheit weather to bring some extra layers.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bodyscansnotsomuch
I noticed they do have lockers just inside the gate if one wanted to store outerwear. December in particular is a tricky month for weather--very subject to cold fronts coming from the north. You can experience weather extremes in a single day.

If on a budget, I would also recommend bringing along some easy to carry snacks and drinks to avoid being held hostage to theme park concession prices.
With a young infant, we're doubling up our stroller as a storage locker facility.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Didn't see writing posts for awhile.. Were you vacationing in Hawaii? Glad to see you safely back.^

We were there in Oct 08 and hit a record low 32 farenheit.. brrr.. I was actually in jeans.

Good tips.. I will tell my wife who freezes in 80 farenheit weather to bring some extra layers.
Yes I was - for 12 glorious days
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Yes I was - for 12 glorious days
Nice.. We've got 18 nights spring break on two islands lined up.

I'm surprised to here it was a bit cold around this time.. what ever happened to global warming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.