Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Only Randy Petersen
Reload this Page >

what are your thoughts on the Ted Kennedy thread?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2009, 3:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA

Randy, I thought I would ask for your thoughts on the Ted Kennedy thread in OMNI/PR: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni-...dy-dies-5.html

For my part, TMK summed up the thread pretty well, I think here.

What are your thoughts? Do you think this is a good representation of FT for the world to see? Are you proud of what is displayed therein?

Thanks and I hope your summer is going well.

Take care,

M/S
Old Aug 26, 2009, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
why not just change the channel?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
IMHO, it is one of the most vile threads I've ever seen. I decided to put 2 people on ignore, which I rarely do, because I consider them such miserable individuals that I don't care to read a word they say in Omni nor anywhere else on FT. I can't imagine hating anyone so much to wish some of the things these 2 have.

The vast majority of posts are perfectly fine, but a few people have crossed the line.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I find some of the posts there shameful. It's one thing to disagree with EMK's political positions. I have done that myself. It's another to vilify him in terms I would not use for a dog. Some of that comes from FTers for whom, based on their other contributions to FT, I had some respect.

Personal attacks on a dead Senator have no more place here than personal attacks on a living FTer. I'd suggest (a) editing the thread to remove them, (b) posting a warning that such gratuitous insults to him as a person will be treated as violations of the FT terms of use for the above reason, and (c) following through with suspensions if they continue.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 6:52 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since the OP's questions are very specifically directed to Randy, we'll close this so that Randy can review/respond/re-open if he wishes further input.

cblaisd , squeakr, and ClueByFour
Co-Moderators, Only Randy Petersen

Last edited by cblaisd; Aug 27, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.