Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Great deals on expedia hotels: Ever get bumped?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere

My wife and I are going to Paris in about 10 days. We managed to book a room at the Hotel St. Christophe for $127 per night back in February. After we booked this rate soon disappeared, and the hotel is now booked, save for one night on our trip, which is priced at $185 per night.

This hotel has a good TripAdvisor rating (136 of 1921) and gets generally good reviews. It's right on top of a Metro station in the Latin Quarter, so we like the location. A little further NW would be better, but....

I've monitored the Paris hotel prices, and clearly we got a "deal." Not a ridiculous deal, but the hotel is booked, and I would assume if they were going to walk someone they would walk the cheap Expedia sale rather than the higher-priced sale. To get anything comparable would probably cost $200 per night at this point. Has this ever happened to anyone, and if so how did you handle it?

I should note that I've gotten good "deals" before with no problem. It just bothers me a bit more that I bought so far in advance, and that the dollar has tanked.

Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
On Expedia bookings where I've been "walked" to another hotel, I've always ended up in a better place than I booked.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:44 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this is focused on low rates from on-line booking or bidding sites, let me move this to the special forum for this subject. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.