Community
Wiki Posts
Search

gtahotels.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2008, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

gtahotels.com

Anyone using this site for hotel bookings?

There are a few threads here on it - but I didn't hear of them and did some google search - just wondering if any FTers have any experience with them?

Thanks

Andy
Old Sep 19, 2008, 2:24 pm

I used them once, they issue a voucher for your hotel stay. However, I didn't get a chance to use it as I canceled the trip a couple weeks before the arrival date and had no problems receiving a full refund.

You might be able to use their price for a hotel's lowest price guarantee if the hotel doesn't exclude voucher rates.

Here's an older thread on GTA: FT Link
Old Sep 20, 2008, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used them twice in the past 12 months in Europe as they had the lowest price. All went fine but you must find a way to print out the voucher.

MisterNice
Old Sep 21, 2008, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply - thenewbie i saw that thread before didn't really get a sense of people using the site.

Misternice - Why is it hard to print the voucher? any laser printer will do?
Old Sep 21, 2008, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andylogan
Thanks for the reply - thenewbie i saw that thread before didn't really get a sense of people using the site.

Misternice - Why is it hard to print the voucher? any laser printer will do?
Of course and ditto for other printers. Unfortunately I never carry a printer on my European trips. Some of the nicer hotels will allow you to print out a voucher copy at no charge upon arrival (thanks Hilton Antwerp and an Amstrdam Golden Tulip employee) but others often will charge 5-10 euros.

MisterNice
Old Sep 21, 2008, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Oh okay - gotcha. Will definitely print out beforehand and take with me.

Did you find you could confirm the reservation right away (with the hotel you booked with) - or was it around four days before your trip that they had your name in the system?
Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andylogan
Oh okay - gotcha. Will definitely print out beforehand and take with me.

Did you find you could confirm the reservation right away (with the hotel you booked with) - or was it around four days before your trip that they had your name in the system?
Honestly I never checked as I had an email of the reservation. I dont check non-gta reservations either and typically do 100+ nights in hotels each year.

MisterNice
Old Sep 22, 2008, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
GTA is the world's single largest booker of hotel rooms - almost every package tour operator uses them to secure their stock. They are also owned by Sabre / Travelport. You've nothing to worry about with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.