Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

does anyone know if these websites are legit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2008, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

www.wholesale-flights.com - anyone have any experiences with them. Looks like cheap prices, but not sure if this is reliable.

www.vayama.com - looks like just another search engine. anyone used this?

Thanks

Last edited by bucky6225; Jun 26, 2008 at 4:41 pm
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:04 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow in our On-line booking/bidding forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
I don't know the first, but vayama is legit.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 8:38 am

Programs: SPG Gold
The first one is a dodgy "call to book" website of the variety often posted here by first time members for some reason...
Old Jul 2, 2008, 8:42 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Vayama

A friend has used Vayama with success (and no issues) several times for international travel.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:28 am

Wholesale Flights is more than a bait and switch operation. Their dishonesty goes beyond that. When you buy a ticket from them they ask you to fill in a "Security Release Form". The very very small very fine print on the bottom tells you that if you don't check the box at the bottom of the page they will start charging your credit card a $9.95 subscription monthly fee. If you don't track your credit cards carefully, you'll be paying them forever.
In addition - the way they saved me money on the one flight I bought from them was to buy two overlapping round trip tickets - and then only sent me information on the two legs of the trip I was flying on. I didn't realize what they'd done until I went to the airport on the first leg.
I'm trying to get my money back from the monthly subscription fee but they're wholly unhelpful. This group is deceptive and dishonest. WATCH OUT.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
I used Vayama for my last trip to Asia. Should you book on Vayama and have any problems, suggest you go to Tripadvisor's Air Travel forum because the customer rep from Vayama contributes to that forum and he has helped me.

Vayama is based in the Silicon Valley near San Jose - when you call it sounds like the individual is from India. This area has a large Asian Indian population - just try renting a car at San Jose Airport!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.