Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone ever used Farebuzz?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2006, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Has anyone ever used Farebuzz?

Hello,

I am wondering if there are any FT'ers out there who have used Farebuzz (www.farebuzz.com) and if this is a reputable or at least legitimate site. I am kind of worried on a recent online booking I made thru this website.

Also at the time, because I was worried about the particular hotel booking I made online, I called many times their toll free number to see if I could get some help, but with my luck, I seemed to always get the unfriendly and not-very-patient representatives ---or ones with very heavy accents that seemed to add to the difficulty in understanding what they're saying .. and I do try to listen very very intently with the phone right up against my ear. I wonder if it's the New Yorker accent? I noticed that this company is based in New York... not to make fun of New Yorkers .. i have a Canadian accent too and I get made fun of "aboot" it a lot, too hehehe..

Thanks for any help!
-LDK
Old May 30, 2006, 10:29 am

edited

Last edited by ChickenWing; Jun 3, 2006 at 6:48 pm
Old May 30, 2006, 12:35 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
If it' helps, this is another name they use

Discount Tickets
213 West 35th Street-Ste. 1201
New York, NY 10001

also

www.dtfares.com

also

fareportal.com

The contact on the dtfares address is [email protected] or something.

Not having a lot of confidence here.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 2:51 pm

Farebuzz not honoring ticket

Be careful in using FareBuzz. I just bought a first class ticket on Farebuzz that they refused to honor. The price was very good and I called to confirm. After I booked and paid for the flight I checked the airline site to find out I had purchased a coach instead of first class ticket.

Farebuzz just said they made a mistake and they would not honor the first class purchase. They were correcting it by letting me know about the mistake. Let's hear it for the logic of those who work in the foreign call centers!

Edward
Old Jul 16, 2008, 4:38 pm

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by edwardriback
Farebuzz just said they made a mistake and they would not honor the first class purchase.
Welcome to FT!

This seems like something for the BBB. I would definately fight this, assuming you have proof of purchasing F rather than Y. I would also challenge the charge to your CC since you did not get what you paid for.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 6:11 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, edwardriback. Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Online Travel Booking.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 29, 2011, 6:51 pm

What happened to Farebuzz.com?

Last week you could specify your preferred carrier Today you can't.

BW
Old Jun 25, 2011, 9:36 am
NYH

Programs: none
Bait and Switch

FareBuzz does the classic unethical maneuver to perfection - hook customers with lower prices, then allow them to book their flights at these lower prices (the truly diabolical twist)...

After being unable to book a complicated multisite international itinerary online through Kayak/Travelocity/Orbitz, I found Farebuzz, which to my delight allowed me to make the booking online. Then 2 days later they start calling (not emailing) to tell me the cost has changed. In my case, they made the excuse that the airlines on my international multi-city itinerary were charging extra to issue e-tickets - but Farebuzz could not/would not tell me how much each airline was charging.

I suspect that Farebuzz is not the only disreputable site that pulls this fraudulent trick. I will never again use anything but the more reputable, larger travel companies.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:27 pm

Hi NYH-

We’re sorry to hear about your experience booking your flight with Fare Buzz. Please send your booking information to [email protected] so we can help to resolve the issue. We take great pride in our customer service and want to make sure our customers are taken care of and have the best experience possible.

Best,
Fare Buzz
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:16 am

Thumbs down Farebuzz- Ruined my Vacation!!!

I talked to Alice a customer service rep at FareBuzz 3 weeks before my 3 day vacation to Vegas. I was using customer service because I had a credit from a prior flight and I couldnt set up my flight online. So Alice sent me my flight info and said to reply by email to confirm the info and she will then charge my credit card for the tickets. So I confirmed the flight info and she charged my credit card the next day. The next day I get an email from FareBuzz thanking me for purchasing the tickets and asking me if I want insurance. So three weeks later I show up for my 7:00am flight and find out I have no tickets booked, I was irate. The only thing US Air could see was my old ticket in the system that wasnt used which should of been transferred when I made my payment. So I hurry up and try to call FareFuzz so I can get on the flight but theres a problem, they dont open until 10:30am. I then drive 40 minutes back home to wait to call Farebuzz.. When I did talk to them it took them 15 minutes to find me in there system, then they proceeded to tell me it was a computer error. After a half hour I asked them to get me on another flight, 20 minutes later they ask me if I can leave the next day....lol I laughed. Thats great customer service. So they finally get me on a 5:30pm flight under one condition, that I had to pay $40 more dollars. I asked to speak to a manager about this insane charge for there mistake. They responded there was no manager in. So I paid the $40 and told them I will be calling a manager when I get back from my trip. I get into Vegas at 9:30pm ten hours later than my original flight. When I got back I called Farebuzz and talk to Alice who booked my flight she stated that she made a mistake and refunded my $40 which she said the company will be taking out of her check. So pretty much FareBuzz lied to me stating it was a computer issue, it was human error. She had no problem charging my credit card but she didnt do the rest of the job!! I asked to speak to a manager, after 3 days going through voice mails I talked to Andrew. I asked Andrew what he was going to do for me after screwing my vacation up. I told him I missed almost a half day of vacation, had to pay for parking at the airport as well as drive an extra hour and a half back home, not to mention I planned to play golf that afternoon with family that took off work. He offered me $25 off my next flight with FareBuzz, I said are you kidding me? I paid that in parking and gas to return home. He responded by saying we took a $80 loss. I said yes you did it was your mistake and thats part of running a buisness. He didnt care about my buisness or about making things right. I will never deal with Farebuzz again!!!!!!! or should anyone....beware.

They don't take pride in ther customer service like they say below...

We take great pride in our customer service and want to make sure our customers are taken care of and have the best experience possible.

Best,
Fare Buzz
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Welcome to FT !

So, after rebooking, you didn't check your itinerary on the airline's webpage to make sure you had a valid one? That may have prevented your problems in the first place.

It's not clear from your post, but I am assuming you didn't do OLCI 24 hours before your flight, because that also would have alerted you to the fact that there was a problem.

I am confused as to why you had to drive back home to call this company, or how a 40 minute drive turned into 1.5 hours.

I agree that third party bookings can be problematic.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by 6rugrats
Welcome to FT !

So, after rebooking, you didn't check your itinerary on the airline's webpage to make sure you had a valid one? That may have prevented your problems in the first place.

It's not clear from your post, but I am assuming you didn't do OLCI 24 hours before your flight, because that also would have alerted you to the fact that there was a problem.

I am confused as to why you had to drive back home to call this company, or how a 40 minute drive turned into 1.5 hours.

I agree that third party bookings can be problematic.
No, I didn't check. My credit card was billed, I assumed someone did there job that they get paid for. I drove home which is 40-45 minutes one way 1:30 round trip because the next flight out was at 5:30pm and it was 7:00am and Farebuzz didn't open until 10:30am. I didn't want to wait at the airport for 3 1/2 hours so I could call them. It was there mistake which they admitted and they did nothing to solve my half day of missed vacation and expenses occurred.$25 is an insult!!!
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:22 am

Thumbs down Fare buzz

Dont ever use fare buzz. I am stuck in johannesbur. I bought a business class ticket fromthem and the airline did ot have a seat for me. They put menin a horrible hotel close tomthe airport. Now i am here with a ticket to munich and from munichnto rome....again no seats from munich to rome....south afraican does not care and neither does lufthansa...they say theybare not responsible. My bags were cjecked to rome and i have no seats on thenplane......all business class a 20000 dolars ticket....i was yelled by thensouth africa "customer sevice" laaaaaddddyyyyy incalled fare buzz thsnguy answwrs and of course he camt get the seats, no manager available for you to tal to.....so ease cratch farebuzz, south african airlines Nd southern city hotels(5 class holiday in???????) from any travel plans.....
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:41 pm

Issue Between Eliane and Fare Buzz

As per our previous discussions with Eliane, our customer service team is continually in touch and working with South African Airlines in order to find a resolution to the problem. The issue was escalated to SAA Customer Relations. A conference call had been arranged but the issue was sorted out with SAA.

Fare Buzz

Originally Posted by Eliane Sobral
Dont ever use fare buzz. I am stuck in johannesbur. I bought a business class ticket fromthem and the airline did ot have a seat for me. They put menin a horrible hotel close tomthe airport. Now i am here with a ticket to munich and from munichnto rome....again no seats from munich to rome....south afraican does not care and neither does lufthansa...they say theybare not responsible. My bags were cjecked to rome and i have no seats on thenplane......all business class a 20000 dolars ticket....i was yelled by thensouth africa "customer sevice" laaaaaddddyyyyy incalled fare buzz thsnguy answwrs and of course he camt get the seats, no manager available for you to tal to.....so ease cratch farebuzz, south african airlines Nd southern city hotels(5 class holiday in???????) from any travel plans.....
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:12 pm

Yes, They have zero regard for customers

My wife and I ordered tickets for air travel on a vacation. Farebuz promtly switched Us toan airline We have no intention of flying with due to that airline's dismal reputation, Farebuzz's reply ? On numerous attempts to correct the booking ? Too bad, not Our problem, You'll have to deal with the airline direct. There's the problem , the airline these con artists at fare buzz switched Us to has a cancellation fee almost equal to the price of the ticket. How convenient for Farebuzz
I wouldn't recomend Farebuzz to Anyone, They are scam artists

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.