Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GOTOGATE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down GOTOGATE

Gotogate, Miami, Fl. A partner of ta large Swedish travel agency. I used to like Swedes

I buy 2 tickets for about $130. GOTO says one has 24 hours to make changes. To play safe I buy more time. Within the 24 hour period, I find I booked the wrong date. What these Pirates do not disclose is that they charge more than the original price of the ticket to change it. People who think everyone else is stupid are really stupid. So, I tell them I will not be ripped off and either change the flights as promised or cancel and refund. They then stonewall, obfuscate, lie anything to steal from me. Finally, they say they will only charge $120 to change one ticket. I have asked for that ticket change, for the one ticket, innumerable times with no result. Can not get a physical address; they are tied in with a large Swedish company. . My preference is being refunded the whole amount and rebuying from a semi-honest outfit. I will settle for them issuing the 2 tickets at the time requested or the one ticket they have agreed to change. In the latter case, I am confident I will get my money back eventually.
AVOID GOTOGATE LIKE THE PLAGUE THEY ARE!!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, these guys are jokers. Many OTAs are, as simple due diligence suggests. I never book with anyone other than airlines directly. My only question is, did you read the T&Cs before you bought?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:33 am
Original Poster

I thought I did and I'm pretty careful. Hoiwever, hard to beat a dedicated thief. I will gwt my refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.