Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exploretrip.com - Huge scam....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Exploretrip.com - Huge scam....

This company is total fraud. I booked my tickets and wanted to cancel them. I called them within 2 hrs of booking and was told by the person on the phone that I have to send an email request for cancellation, and it will be done within 30 mins. After 2 hrs of waiting I called again and now it seems rules have suddenly changed. Now, I have passed my cancellation window and will incur airline cancellation charges. In addition, 24 hr cancellation period only applies to US customers and Canadian customers does not have this policy. I was billed in US dollars and by US registered company.... go figure this out.

Customer services persons tell lies to you on the phone. Though the site is registered in USA, they are completely based out of India and it seems US laws does not apply. No US customer support. More over, their policy states...

"All legal disputes will be settled under the laws of Indian courts subject to laws of Republic of India"

If you want your hard earned money to not go waste... stay away from this website.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:58 pm

Angry They literally charged my account even after closing the site. 2 hrs later!!

Tried booking some tickets, didn't work. Called them and they said the offers might not even be available anymore. Shut the site down so I don't get charged. 2 days later I have a charge on my account under United Airlines, didn't even consider it was this site until 4 months later when my bank finally got a reply from them, I look at the "screenshot", exploretrip is written. So yea pretty much got scammed by them and they won't even try to refund my money. They state the bookings were suspended, usually means we used up your money without providing you any service. Delightful!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Unhappy

Originally Posted by jack_cool
This company is total fraud. I booked my tickets and wanted to cancel them. I called them within 2 hrs of booking and was told by the person on the phone that I have to send an email request for cancellation, and it will be done within 30 mins. After 2 hrs of waiting I called again and now it seems rules have suddenly changed. Now, I have passed my cancellation window and will incur airline cancellation charges. In addition, 24 hr cancellation period only applies to US customers and Canadian customers does not have this policy. I was billed in US dollars and by US registered company.... go figure this out.

Customer services persons tell lies to you on the phone. Though the site is registered in USA, they are completely based out of India and it seems US laws does not apply. No US customer support. More over, their policy states...

"All legal disputes will be settled under the laws of Indian courts subject to laws of Republic of India"

If you want your hard earned money to not go waste... stay away from this website.
Appreciate your comments and warning and just out of interest, did you search for reviews of Exploretrip.com before booking? It might have saved you from booking with them. Looking at Truspilot reviews, they have the testimonies of many unhappy costumers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.