Community
Wiki Posts
Search

credit card required

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2016, 8:45 am
Original Poster

credit card required

thinking of buying a ticket for my girlfriends brother on asiana from icn to thailand -- health issues so may not be more than a couple of days in advance

since it will be my credit card and him travelling -- will asiana need to see a original credit card or a screenshot or notheing to let him board?

does booking through the likes of expedia or booking.com avoid this problem?

any of them have no booking fee or a really low fee? prefer to use us or european based sites. thank you

ps cancellation or changes will not be an issue he will be flying on a non refundable fare
Old May 9, 2016, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Jared Ito
thinking of buying a ticket for my girlfriends brother on asiana from icn to thailand -- health issues so may not be more than a couple of days in advance

since it will be my credit card and him travelling -- will asiana need to see a original credit card or a screenshot or notheing to let him board?

any of them have no booking fee or a really low fee? prefer to use us or european based sites. thank you

ps cancellation or changes will not be an issue he will be flying on a non refundable fare
Old May 9, 2016, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You need to check with Asiana (OZ). Try their webpage or post a requestion in the Asiana/Asiana Club forum - most likely someone in that forum will know.

If you need to show the creditcard, I doubt a screenshot is sufficient.

any of them have no booking fee or a really low fee? prefer to use us or european based sites.
Yes, if booked with Exp or other OTA you will not be asked to show credit card at check-in; OZ will receive payment from Exp. and has no interest whether/how you have paid to Exp.

The fare should be the same whether booked with OZ or with an OTA. But it is quite easy to test; make dummy bookings on Exp and OZ webpage to compare the fare.
Old May 9, 2016, 8:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

When I booked using US expedia site for NE Asia to SE Asia flights the past five years, I've not been asked for the credit card to be presented. Using major US OTAs helps to minimize this hassle relative to using the carrier's own website/call centers.

You may find that city ticketing offices for the carrier have lower ticket prices than Expedia, but in that case, card presentation at time of ticketing is generally required at least for ticketing (and sometimes later even for check-in, but that is rare in mainland Eastern Asia).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.