Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

How to book online tickets with specific booking classes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to book online tickets with specific booking classes?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
...and that's the way it should work...
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by flyme2
I faced the same dilemma when I wanted to book a specific booking class on TK that was not the least expensive but would accrue 100% mileage with UA. I finally called American Express travel services and the friendly agent was able to exactly replicate the ITA Matrix itinerary I had created. There was no fee at all and I was able to call TK to select my seats. I received all the miles I was due and my status was recognized by TK.

That's excellent to know. Do you know if such bookings can be made with them online, eg by emailing them the ita matrix itinerary?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:38 am

bamba70 asked
Do you know if such bookings can be made with them online, eg by emailing them the ita matrix itinerary?
I have not tried it, but if you call first to initiate the booking and get an agent's extension and e-mail address, I do not see why it would not work in that manner as well. I was very happy with my experience as I called the Canadian Amex travel office from Asia while in an airport lounge using Google Voice on my MacBook. It took all of 10-15 minutes and I was able to use my $200 Amex Platinum travel credit.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by flyme2
bamba70 asked

I have not tried it, but if you call first to initiate the booking and get an agent's extension and e-mail address, I do not see why it would not work in that manner as well. I was very happy with my experience as I called the Canadian Amex travel office from Asia while in an airport lounge using Google Voice on my MacBook. It took all of 10-15 minutes and I was able to use my $200 Amex Platinum travel credit.
Is there any difference in the level of service they provide based on the type of amex cards one holds? (I don't have a platinum... yet)
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:28 pm

bamba70 asked

Is there any difference in the level of service they provide based on the type of amex cards one holds? (I don't have a platinum... yet)
My only reference point as to the level of service received is based on the card I hold. That being said, Amex travel services have a stellar reputation when compared to other agencies, such as Avoya. The only to find out is to make the initial call.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The stamina of some threads is mind-boggling!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bamba70
I found on ITA a specific itin that I'd like to book, with some segments having a booking class that isn't the cheapest one currently available in their cabin (due to mileage accrual considerations). All main OTAs seem to always sell only the cheapest currently available class.

I know that a standard travel agency should easily be able to book such a ticket, but that would likely come with a considerable price tag for their service fee.

Is there any online (or otherwise free) option for booking such non-standard itins?
danielbk (www.propellertravel.com/pro-travel-enq/) might be able to do it, but he charges a service fee of about £25.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.