Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapostay Do not Use!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:33 pm
formerly airedalemom
Original Poster

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
Angry Cheapostay Do not Use!!

We just spent over an hour on the phone with the cheapostay agent sto cancell a hotel booking;
the Hotel has FREE cancelltions:
CHeapostay fees:
1st the booking service fee was $25 US and then "transaction fee" of $75 us was charged
so in total we paid $135 cnd to cancel a hotel booking
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Do you have a lot of experience with this web site? I've never heard of them. What led you to book with them? What hotel/city? How far out were you cancelling?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Cheapostay Do not Use!!

Did you compare prices with other providers? Where the fees originally disclosed to you?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:50 am

Programs: HH Silver
Not sure what the "transaction" fee is, but the cancellation fee is clearly disclosed on their website....

•CheapOstay hotel cancellations are subject to a $25.00 per fee per reservation.
•Fees and cancellations vary based on property restrictions or dates of travel.
•Please read the hotels cancellation policy at the time of purchase.
•No credits can be issued on unused room nights due to early departures or after check in date.
•Cancellation fees are non-refundable.
•Cancellations or modifications to the reservation are subject to CheapOstay.com cancellation fees in addition to fees charged by the property.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:11 am
formerly airedalemom
Original Poster

my husband found it I usually book direct or use booking.com but when a deal is too good to be true there's a good reason. We had booked an Edmonton Hotel that's normally $200 a night for $110.
The booking said "no cancellation fee" but that was only for the hotel, upon reading the fine print after we wanted to cancel is when we saw their "fee"
Just wanted to warn others not to use them.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:04 am

Programs: HH Silver
Lol, but if you hadn't needed to cancel, you would have gotten that hotel for 1/2 price almost. A better warning would be to read fine print carefully.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:01 am
formerly airedalemom
Original Poster

Maybe I should elaborate, perhaps it would have been cheaper than the hotel rate had I not cancelled. I did read some consumer complaints about others who's reservations did not exist once they arrived at the hotel. i didn't do my homework. Bad on me.
And the fact is that it took over an hour on the phone to cancel the reservation, they sounded very sketchy, being transferred many times. It was very frustrating.
Cancelling a reservation should be very simple, regardless of the fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.