Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Search program/API setup for searching large number of flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )

So I am looking for a way to easily search 20-30 cities all RT routes. Matrix is not very effective and was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions. In general, I am putting regions into zones and selecting 4-6 cities from each zone and then looking at costs of flights of all cities to all zones so I can in theory average the cost per zone and give and "average" zone to zone cost. I know it is rather vague but overall still working on the idea, hopefully it is clear enough. Greatly appreciate any ideas as otherwise i am stuck making country tables and individually searching each series of routes.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
You might try outsourcing this to Amazon's Mechanical Turk. Excellent for this sort of thing.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Why do you want to know the average cost by zone? There are different markets within each zone and your average will depend very much on the specific airports you pick in each zone.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why do you want to know the average cost by zone? There are different markets within each zone and your average will depend very much on the specific airports you pick in each zone.
That I know but I was looking to generalize for a region, I knew it would be extremely variable both date and location wise but I felt it would be too much work to hit every major city (might as well do a kayak search). At this point though I was able to put together what was needed manually so no need, just wish there had been easier way

thanks for the suggestions, especially the amazon thing as I did not know about that
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:47 am

If you want access to commercial grade APIs you'll have to think about commercial access arrangments, however there are a few players who offer some "developer" level access that allows you to make a couple of calls a day without charge. DM if you'd like an idea, or check http://www.programmableweb.com/ and http://www.xmethods.net you'll have to use your judgement in terms of quality though.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.