Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kayak does not do Cuba!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Kayak does not do Cuba!

This is probably old hat to people in the US, but after having found fares for MAD or CDG to Havana on Skyscanner or Momondo, I thought I'd verify with Kayak. That's when I discovered that typing in HAV or longhand 'Havana' returns no results.

Somehow I wasn't really surprised but wrote a note to Kayak anyway asking about this. They graciously replied that they are a US site and law in the Land of the Free forbids acknowledging the existence of Cuba flights.

One more reason why non-USians are fleeing the American tech companies.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Kayak does not do Cuba!

What exactly is the point you are trying to make? US airline sites also don't list flights to Cuba. Neither does Expedia or Orbitz or even ITA matrix.

Last edited by seawolf; Sep 18, 2014 at 8:21 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by textibule
This is probably old hat to people in the US, but after having found fares for MAD or CDG to Havana on Skyscanner or Momondo, I thought I'd verify with Kayak. That's when I discovered that typing in HAV or longhand 'Havana' returns no results.

Somehow I wasn't really surprised but wrote a note to Kayak anyway asking about this. They graciously replied that they are a US site and law in the Land of the Free forbids acknowledging the existence of Cuba flights.

One more reason why non-USians are fleeing the American tech companies.
There is no US law preventing "acknowledging the existence of flights to Cuba". Regular charter flights to Cuba operate from several US airports. In fact the US Treasury Department itself publishes a list of Cuba travel service providers who arrange/sell tickets on such flights:

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen...s/cuba_tsp.pdf
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:22 pm

Yes, but you have to book a trip through one of these tour providers to legally go to Cuba.
You can't legally buy a ticket US-Cuba, and visit Cuba if you are a US Citizen and not press/researcher/on a specific tour.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I've taken the liberty of moving this thread into the forum best suited for online travel booking themes.

Prospero
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.