Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Regular plane tickets on Priceline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2 .5 MM

Anyone have experience buying regular international business class tickets using Priceline? I am looking at buying round trip tickets Miami to Bangkok and they have a good fare using Delta to LAX then China Southern to Bangkok via can. Any thoughts? Thank you
Old Sep 13, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I've never had problems with Priceline, but do prefer to remove middlemen if possible. Can you find the same fare right on Delta? If not directly, maybe via a Kayak link? You might have to use the multi-city routing to pick up the segments you want.

I'm not sure you necessarily get mileage with Priceline. If you are interested in getting it, you need to verify that before you purchase from PL.

Romelle

Last edited by Romelle; Sep 13, 2014 at 9:59 am
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. No it is more money on Delta as it's first leg Delta other two legs China Southern. It's not a multi city just a multi segment same city return.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
If you would post the details of your flight, people here might have more useful suggestions.

China Southern is part of Skyteam, so I would have expected you could pick up flights with them on the Delta site. Alternatively, sometimes people book on a partner site - AirFrance, etc. In this case, one would try the China Southern site.

You didn't mention caring about frequent flyer miles, so perhaps that is not an issue?

I'm simply not aware of any issues with tickets purchased through Priceline so maybe you should just nail your good rate before it changes?

Romelle
Old Sep 13, 2014, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again. I did pull the trigger and got a great fare basis $4100 based on comparisons much higher from Mia to Bkk via lax, can. The mia to lax is first class Delta and the rest out is China Southern business. Same on the return. It is all on China Southern E-ticket stock so that's good. No issues on the purchase from Priceline. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.