Wiki Posts
Search

Stuck with Airtickets24.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Hello all,

I booked an Aeroflot ticket from Zagreb-Moscow-Delhi for 24th Sep'2014 from Airtickets24.com, costing me about 400 Euros.

I wanted to change that ticket now to Dubrovnik-Moscow-Delhi on 27th Sep'2014, which is actually being sold at lower fare.

I called up Aeroflot and they said their penalty charges will be 89 Euros, but only the agent can make changes in my case.

After repeated calls and emails to Airtickets24.com, I was shocked to receive a response that total charges to make changes will be 1294.99 Euros! That is triple the fare amount of a new ticket.

I am totally stuck between the Aeroflot rules and this fraud website. No amount of trying to convince Aeroflot to allow me make changes myself is doing any good. Can any one please help me here on how to go about things now. I will be very thankful to some helpful guidance here.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:24 am

Airtickets24.com is a fraud

Airtickets24.com is a complete fraud. They sold me Business Class tickets for US$5,000, then issued tickets that were ECONOMY. I tried to cancel, and they agreed to cancel, cause it was THIER fault. They have NOT yet refunded my US$5,000, however, two months have passed and the amount was deducted from my bank account.

This is crazy, they've basically stolden US$5,000 by selling Busienss Class tickets reconfirming them, then issuing Economy. Now I'm out U$5,000

Please Do NOT user Airtickets24.com

Beware.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
...... situation, but few details might make it so someone could advise for help.

1. Where are you based?
2. How did you pay. Was it via electronic draw from your bank account or use of a debit card?
3. Have you contacted your bank about reversal of transaction?
4. Do you have any consumer protection agencies where you are? Better Business Bureau for an example.
5. Do you have it in writing them admitting to the mistake or was it only over the phone?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:12 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G

I've used airtickets24.com before to ticket ET on SIN-BKK. No issue.

But some of these OTAs are infamous for being expensive/difficult/impossible when trying to change your ticket.

Only use if you know you won't need any changes. Otherwise book directly with the airline!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:01 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G

This year used airtickets24.com for LHR-BKK return on TG. About 40 GBP cheaper than anything else I checked including TG's own special promo pages.

Seemed like they were running some promo with Skyscanner because the discount appeared only when clicking through from Skyscanner.

Credit card fees would cancel out about 50% of the discount except for MC which had 0 fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.