Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Is the OTA pulling a fast one? Ticket advice

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:09 am
Original Poster

*MOVED FROM TRAVEL BUZZ*

Hi all,

I am trying to find out some details about the below flight I am thinking of booking, but am finding it difficult to get answers to a couple of questions:

1. Are the outbound connecting flights likely to be on the same ticket?

2. I rang the agent (Crystal Travel), to make sure I would be able to check my Virgin baggage allowance on the internal flight and was told the reason why the price is so good is because it is a promo price and I will have to pay baggage both ways - he then preceded to try and get me on a different flight via New York - more money but with Virgin for the connection, so included all baggage.
He insisted that I would have to pay baggage for both inbound and outbound (I'm not convinced)!
Can anyone shed some light onto this?

Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Check out the Virgin website for answers regarding baggage allowances.

As a full service airline - Id be very surprised if at least one piece of hold baggage wasn't included in their fares.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
See my reply in the same thread that you started in TravelBuzz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.