Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Hotels.com BGR claim experience (Call them is much more better than send email)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:19 am
Original Poster

On MAR 29, I book a hotel room in UK for my friend with a mastercard dedicated coupon code which will give me 10% off. Totally I paid USD 324.87 inc. tax. Without the coupon, I will pay 354.41. After few hour, I found that hrs.com offer the same things only for USD 325.
I was not very familiar with the best rate guarantee claiming so I called hotels.com. They need the detail of the hrs, which I was not able to provide. Because I am busy with something else. But the lady DID TOLD ME, they can match the price despite the coupon code.
After 30 mins, I filled the BGR form online and got automatic email reply. However, I don't know when they will process my request. So I call again. This time, the csr told me they can't match the price. Because what I paid is lower than USD 325. Of coz I don't feel happy about it. I hang up the phone nicely. And made the third called. That lady is very helpful and matching the price immediately for me. Then I got 29.11 USD refund. That's a good result.

However, I get an email few minutes ago. I almost forget that I had sent an email to hotels.com before. (It was the claim form.) They informed me my request had processed before! It took hotels.com OVER 10 DAYS to reply an email!!! I had checked out from hotel almost A WEEK! I really don't think after 10days, they still can verify the hrs price is available or not!

So if you do need to do BGR claim. Call them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.