Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Best online site for hotels in London

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2011, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

I often book hotels in London and am lost between hotels.com, priceline, booking.com, lastminute.co.uk... and Kayak doesn't list the full price, only the pre-tax and fee price, so it's not much help either.

What is the best online site for booking hotels (4 or 5 star) in London?
Old Sep 4, 2011, 10:22 pm
In memoriam

That's similar to asking the best time to bid on Priceline. There's no best time nor is there a single site that gives the best retail rates.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by flyingdervish
What is the best online site for booking hotels (4 or 5 star) in London?
The first thing you should determine is whether you desire assistance with traditional booking sites, where the hotel's name is known up-front, or opaque "bidding" sites. Keep in mind that some sites, such as Lastminute and Priceline, offer both types of booking.

If you are asking about opaque and are interested in Lastminute.com, you may want to look at this thread on the moneysaverexepert site:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...536015&page=63

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.