Wiki Posts
Search

Impossible itinerary?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Impossible itinerary?

Hey guys,

Newbie here (although I've lurked the board a good amount over the last few years), so I'm not completely sure this kind of posts is allowed. But I thought it was worth posting since this is pretty much the web's largest community of tech-savvy travellers

I consider myself pretty good at putting together flight itineraries, but I've got a difficult itinerary I'm trying to put together, and I am wondering if there are sites I should be checking other than Kayak and Flightscanner.net . Are there really different itineraries on different search sites? Are some sites substantially better at finding crazy connections that work with others? Are there any airlines that either do transatlantic or are within Europe that kayak and/or Skyscanner do not pick up in searches?

For those curious about what I am trying to do -- I am trying to leave Copenhagen, Denmark (CPH) no earlier than 5:30 PM on Jan. 8, and get to the airport in Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) the earlier the better on Jan. 9. I currently have found an itinerary that gets me to Nassau at 3:05 PM on the 9th...really was hoping to get there by noon (I gain a total of 6 hours in time zones so really I have a 24 hour window for the trip, seems like it should be doable). Ideally, it'd be a flight that connected me to the US late on Jan. 8, so I could get a connection to Nassau on the morning of the 9th (lots of flights to Nassau from all over the US) but it seems like there are very few late evening/night time westbound transatlantic flights nowadays.

Anyone have any ideas for where else to look? If someone else knows how to improve my existing itinerary (fly to London-Stansted night of Jan 8, wake up Jan 9, fly British Airways London to Nassau and arrive at 3:05 PM) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks all...

LA
Old Dec 30, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I tried matrix.itasoftware.com, but just came up with your 3:05pm arrival BA et al (an 8:40 pm departure).

No good news, but thought I'd save somebody else trying that one.

Romelle
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
This is impossible to improve... there are no overnight flights from Europe to the east coast and even the earliest flight (a US Airways / Singaporean codeshare from FRA) lands at 10:45am at JFK (I searched AMS,FRA,ZRH,LON to MIA,NYC Sun Jan 9 2011 adding DUS and DUB does not improve this ) and there are no direct flights after 10:45AM. There are no other flights from Europe to Nassau either.

Edit: if you are thinking on crossing the atlantic the previous day, the latest flights are from Heathrow at 8:10PM but it's a two hour flight from CPH and so it's clearly only impossible to do, you would need a flight exactly at 5:30PM but no such thing

Edit2: There are actually overnight flights but that's from the Mid East like Tel Aviv and Dubai... no go either. Too far to get there in time.

Last edited by chx1975; Dec 30, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.