Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever booked UA business class travel with Flytelligent.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever booked UA business class travel with Flytelligent.com?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond
What a waste of time

I found the phone agent friendly, but otherwise the reviews are spot-on. They're finding the same fares that I'm finding using other tools, and the quote provided by their website is useless. (e.g. the website reports $618 SFO-AMS RT on UA, but the best they can do, even adding some date flexibility, is $1550 on US) Ten minutes of my life gone, too.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:12 am

Sounds like a source best ignored.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jabez
Sounds like a source best ignored.
I am grateful to FlyerTalk and its membership. You keep us informed and aware. THANKS!
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:45 pm

Terrible experience with FlyTelligent

Booking with FlyTelligent was my worst travel booking experience EVER! They cancelled my return trip from Europe without ever notifying me. When I arrived at the airport on the date of my scheduled flight, the airline said my reservation had been cancelled by FlyTelligent. Since then, the company has been refusing to answer my calls! I would avoid booking with this company in the future at all cost! It is not worth the headache.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by dcpatti
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had ever used Flytelligent to book a flight on UA? They have a banner ad here on some of the FT pages and I'm trying to find a decent fare for a business class ticket IAD-SYD on UA; checked their prices and they are quite nice but I have never heard of these folks before so I wanted to see if I could get some reviews. Checked google but didn't find anything although I have about 29 more pages of results to sift through... searched FT and got no results either but may have not looked in the right forums.

Mods-- feel free to move this thread to another forum if that is more appropriate. I am not trying to drum up business for them and have nothing to do with them, and never heard of them before today. I just wanted to do some research before making a substantial purchase like that, and wasn't finding anything really tangible online yet.

Anyone used them before?
I was looking for a business class ticket from JFK-MEL (Melbourne Australia) in December which is peak season for Australia. I first called Flytelligent after seeing their initial prices, the agent i spoke with told me it would be about 4 thousand dollars which i thought would be an amazing price, considering United website said 11,693.20 for a one-stop. I said ill book right now, well... when push came to shove the agent told me "OK SIR, WITH ALL TAXES AND FEES ITS GOING TO BE AROUND 9,000.00. I said "no thank you" i proceeded to keep searching. i then called another Travel Agency, and i ended up booking the same ticket for just under 5,000 with the sweetest agent who really knew her stuff, she even upgraded me to a first class cabin at very little cost!!!! WHOLESALE FLIGHTS! I believe her name was Diana or Dena ext 404
Old Jul 26, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: most of them
It's too bad outfits like this tarnish all of the consolidators. I used AccessFares last year and had a very good experience with them. They were very patient with my multiple questions/issues/itinerary ideas.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by rmbl
I found the phone agent friendly, but otherwise the reviews are spot-on. They're finding the same fares that I'm finding using other tools, and the quote provided by their website is useless. (e.g. the website reports $618 SFO-AMS RT on UA, but the best they can do, even adding some date flexibility, is $1550 on US) Ten minutes of my life gone, too.
Yea, I agree. I do not include them as my research source anymore, as I see no reason to waste time with them.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 1:10 pm

We booked our flights to London through Flytelligent.com. No issues, everything went smooth. I just purchased a ticket to Paris at a good price also. So far so good...
Good luck..

Stephanie
Old Feb 24, 2011, 1:24 pm

Do NOT use FlyTelligent!

Originally Posted by dcpatti
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had ever used Flytelligent to book a flight on UA? They have a banner ad here on some of the FT pages and I'm trying to find a decent fare for a business class ticket IAD-SYD on UA; checked their prices and they are quite nice but I have never heard of these folks before so I wanted to see if I could get some reviews. Checked google but didn't find anything although I have about 29 more pages of results to sift through... searched FT and got no results either but may have not looked in the right forums.

Mods-- feel free to move this thread to another forum if that is more appropriate. I am not trying to drum up business for them and have nothing to do with them, and never heard of them before today. I just wanted to do some research before making a substantial purchase like that, and wasn't finding anything really tangible online yet.

Anyone used them before?

Last edited by Robert Levin; Feb 24, 2011 at 1:27 pm Reason: Because your web site does not make it easy or clear how to enter more than just a title.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 1:29 pm

FlyTelligent is a fly-by-night organization

February 24, 2011

FlyTelligent has been both inept and unresponsive in regards to tickets I purchased from them. I purchased tickets for my wife and myself on December 10, 2010, for a trip to Buenos Aires, Argentina. This involves about 15 hours of flying time with a stop approximately half way in Panama City, Panama. I’ve never flown anything but coach class before, but due to the length of the trip, the fact that I’m 6’3” and that I’m taking coumadin, we decided to fly business class. The cheapest fare I could find for coach from Los Angeles to Buenos Aires and back was $1,700 for the both of us together. Instead, I bought two round trip business class tickets from FlyTelligent for $5,226.83.

When we got to the airport the night of our travel we were told by the ticket agent at COPA Airlines that while the leg of the trip from Panama City to Buenos Aires and back was business class, the trip from Los Angeles to Panama City and on the return as well, was coach class. They told me I could call the people I bought the tickets from, which I did, but no one at FlyTelligent answered any of the numbers I had. On arrival in Buenos Aires I called and e-mailed almost every day over a period of two weeks to make sure that at least the return trip would be all business class. I got one e-mail back and no return phone calls. The e-mail promised they would reach me again but they never did. Being concerned about whether I would be able to straighten out the return trip and whether I would be able to get a refund for the mistaken leg(s) of my trip from a company that would not answer my calls or e-mails had a negative impact on my vacation time.

On my return, I began calling FlyTelligent again. Of perhaps twenty phone calls, the phone was only answered two times and I only got two calls back. I was earnestly promised that the situation would be resolved in one of those calls. I told them that I would settle for a reimbursement of the difference between what I paid for business class and what coach class would have cost me for just that leg of the trip. I calculated this to be $1,764.00. I was promised that I would receive a call back over a week ago now and have left numerous messages. Since that time I have called repeatedly and again, no one answers the phone.

I paid FlyTelligent a lot of money. I am being very reasonable about what I expect to be reimbursed. I have asked for no restitution for the discomfort I experienced on the trip nor the anticipation of an uncomfortable return flight, nor the nagging concern during the whole time I was down in Buenos Aires that FlyTelligent is a fly-by-night company who I became increasingly aware had defrauded other people and were skilled at avoiding their responsibility to their customers.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:41 am

Thumbs down My Wholesale Flights Experience

Originally Posted by Jfk.mastermind
I was looking for a business class ticket from JFK-MEL (Melbourne Australia) in December which is peak season for Australia. I first called Flytelligent after seeing their initial prices, the agent i spoke with told me it would be about 4 thousand dollars which i thought would be an amazing price, considering United website said 11,693.20 for a one-stop. I said ill book right now, well... when push came to shove the agent told me "OK SIR, WITH ALL TAXES AND FEES ITS GOING TO BE AROUND 9,000.00. I said "no thank you" i proceeded to keep searching. i then called another Travel Agency, and i ended up booking the same ticket for just under 5,000 with the sweetest agent who really knew her stuff, she even upgraded me to a first class cabin at very little cost!!!! WHOLESALE FLIGHTS! I believe her name was Diana or Dena ext 404
*****************:confuse d:
*****STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY!!!!!!***** I WILL MAKE THIS SIMPLE. This company operates at the risk of YOU losing your flight and ruining your vacation or trip. They win 90% of the time or more, but if you check BBB, you will see several "customers" have had that happen and the company refunds their money. Somehow, when I purchased what I thought was a "ticket," I received an email from Delta for $129.30 and 245,000 Sky Miles!!! I don't have Sky Miles so somebody else's account transferred those miles to me, charged my AMEX for the Delta fees, then a hefty nearly $6000 for 245,000 points. People ask if they sell points, well, indirectly they sure do and I set out to prove it. I demanded a refund and the owner/COO offered me $2000 IF, IF, IF and ONLY IF I removed any negative comments and left positive ones in their place....He also threatened to sue me for defamation of character for leaving my comments IF I took him to court. I have not said a word that I can't back up with proof, so if that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about this company, then I don't know what does. IMO, it seems I'm being paid off to remove negative comments and leave false positive ones int their place. I could be wrong, but it sure does feel that way to me. IF you're feeling lucky go ahead and book it with them, if you're not, then suck it up and just go in economy. At least you know you will get on the flight and not have your ticket cancelled. Side note, I tried resolving it directly with the company directly, now it is with the BBB and next will be court. Look elsewhere if you want quality customer service, a real ticket (not a hidden award ticket that they shuffle miles around and then charge you ridiculous amounts.) Not to mention unscrupulous representatives that lie to you. My so called "agent" promised me he wouldn't book the flight without my final consent....well, you know how that went and shame on me for giving my cc #. I just thought it was to hold the ticket since he said I had a time frame in which to lock that fare in. High pressure sales tactics, bait and switch fares and despite what their website claims, they DO NOT HAVE EXCLUSIVE CONTRACTS WITH ANY AIRLINES!!!!! That statement is a flat out lie and it baffles me how they can leave it up there. Also, simply by using their site, your are agreeing to what is called a browse wrap (check Terms and Conditions at the bottom of their site.) Furthermore, they claim they occasionally "gift" customers points/miles. Anyone knows you can't gift miles to strangers and a customer is still a stranger and you can't gift miles.....Do your homework, check the BBB complaints, resolutions and do a general search on forums and other people's horrible experiences. NOT WORTH THE RISK!!!! STAY FAR AWAY!!!!!
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Don't think I've ever seen a thread with so many 1 and 2 count posters before...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.