Wiki Posts
Search

New oneworld itinerary validator

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:30 pm
SLF

Programs: Various
New oneworld itinerary validator

New version is out (finally!). Including US, UL, JJ and QR. No rule changes done at this point, please feel free to point out anything which needs updating
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Thanks for the update SLF
Found two omissions - QR flies PHL-DOH daily and MIA-DOH 4 times a week

Whoops - still had the old version open
The new version show these flights just fine

Last edited by pandaperth; Jul 31, 2014 at 2:36 am
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by SLF
...No rule changes done at this point, please feel free to point out anything which needs updating
Whilst this is a rule change, I suspect the changes necessary in the validator are merely defining which continent various points are in.
(They all used to be in Europe and are now all in Asia.)
The continent of Asia includes, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia east of the Urals, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan &, Uzbekistan
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:13 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by pandaperth
Whilst this is a rule change, I suspect the changes necessary in the validator are merely defining which continent various points are in.
(They all used to be in Europe and are now all in Asia.)
I may have done this (a couple of months ago) and forgotten to update. Fairly recent flight data is included too ...
Old Nov 4, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: AA PPro
Oh hello, didn't realise you were active in here. Glad to have the opportunity to say thanks for maintaining such a useful tool which I use very often. So impressed by how much nitty gritty detail it understands. Thanks!

Just in case you weren't aware, jnb-lhr-lax-nrt-doh-jnb barfs with the following error: "Rule violated!!!! [DOH-JNB] Max 1 segment(s): Ghana/Nigeria/Kenya/Uganda/Tanzania transit (second EUR entry?)" when it's actually OK courtesy of rule 3.2.3. Rule 3.2 states:

For travel originating in Africa:
One of the following backtracks is permitted

3.2.1 Africa-Europe-RTW-Europe-Africa
One of the visits to Europe must be a transfer without stopover between Africa and the previous/next continent. Travel may not include Mauritius/South Africa

3.2.2 Africa-Middle East-RTW-Middle East-Africa
One of the visits to Middle East must be a transfer without stopover between Africa and the previous/next continent.

3.2.3 Africa-Europe-RTW-Middle East-Africa or Africa-Middle East-RTW-Europe-Africa
Travel may not include any flown or surface sector Between Europe and Middle East

source: http://www.oneworld.com/documents/10...9-d346ec820edf linked from http://www.oneworld.com/flights/roun...world-explorer
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Good to see this is still going

Thanks for all your additional work SLF!
Old Nov 8, 2014, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A very nice tool, thanks for all the work this must have taken. Just found it this evening.

I noticed a couple of "bugs" with the tier points calculator on BA. Apologies if this has been noted before.

On most US/AA domestic flights under US/AA codes, business fares book into the A booking code, not J/C/D/R/I. (On the three-class transcons, currently operating between JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO this does not happen.) Thus business fares booked onto those services will still earn 60/210 TP per sector instead of 40/140 TP. The same rule applies for QR in the Middle East and Near East, which also brands its single premium product there as "First".

This seems to be understood in the US/AA case by the red highlighting, but it doesn't appear to be reflected in the total at the end.

Now, that is admittedly only with the US/AA/QR codes; on codeshares they are mapped into a business class booking code and receive the attendant tier points, so I understand why perhaps you didn't parcel it out. However, under the joint venture agreement and on the oneworld explorer tickets it is always possible to book the US/AA code on TATL fares instead of the codeshare, so it might be worth noting for those of us looking to optimize our tier points.

Also, is the the validator correct in not counting a final surface sector (e.g., start in CAI and finish in MCT) against the total sectors permitted?

Last edited by Calchas; Nov 8, 2014 at 7:09 pm
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Calchas
On most US/AA domestic flights under US/AA codes, business fares book into the A booking code, not J/C/D/R/I. (On the three-class transcons, currently operating between JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO this does not happen.)
You sort of hinted at the explanation already. Nearly all U.S. AA domestic service is two class, so J will book into F. The three class transcons are, well, three class; so J books into J.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
You sort of hinted at the explanation already. Nearly all U.S. AA domestic service is two class, so J will book into F. The three class transcons are, well, three class; so J books into J.
Yes. But that means the total for tier points at the bottom is incorrect.

I am not sure if that is deliberate, but thought it worth mentioning.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Calchas
Yes. But that means the total for tier points at the bottom is incorrect.

I am not sure if that is deliberate, but thought it worth mentioning.
I'm sure you're right. I know nothing about tier points.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
These flights commence in December
and IIRC the tool only shows current flights
The tool still says such flights don't exist. It took a bit of digging, but I did find QF 11 PER-AKL which operates only Fridays and Saturdays and only during some months. Not sure how the tool handles seasonal flights, or how it should. Perhaps permit them but with a warning?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:17 pm

AA mileage earning calculation

By the way, AA changed the rules starting this year so that business class flights now earn the same 50% class-of-service bonus as first class flights. It would be worthwhile to update the tool for that.

(There's also a "currency" promotion on AAdvantage where AA-coded flights booked in higher fare classes earn an extra bonus, but I suspect it's not worth updating the tool for it.)

Would there be interest in adding a column for elite-qualifying criteria? If so, you could calculate AA EQP in the same way you calculate miles earned, just with a different multiplier for class of service (1.5 EQP/mile for D and A fares).
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
By the way, AA changed the rules starting this year so that business class flights now earn the same 50% class-of-service bonus as first class flights. It would be worthwhile to update the tool for that.
I believe this is only on AA marketed flights, so it would be difficult for the tool to handle this given that some segments could be flown with AA or with another carrier
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:45 pm

I believe this is only on AA marketed flights, so it would be difficult for the tool to handle this given that some segments could be flown with AA or with another carrier
I had not realized that the class-of-service bonus was only 25% rather than 50% on non-AA coded flights.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
From what I could understand, it's only SOME, not ALL, AA marketed flights, i.e., the higher rate is NOT valid for AA marketed CX, LA and some other flights. The change seems to be valid only for AA or joint venture partners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.