Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Cathay Metal in Business (I) - Airmiles on QF or AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB-PFL / MH-G / QF-S

Hello,

i am currently residing in Australia with both QF and AA accounts (transferred from US Airways so this is why I ended up with two OneWorld accounts).

I was previously based elsewhere and my flight pattern that used to be on Skyteam is being changed.

It seems I will have a few flights coming up between Australia to Asia, mainly on a (I) fare basis on CX. So I was wondering what was the most rewarding thing to do with such a lousy pattern. I have an equal amount of miles on both QF and AA but I would rather ditch one after using the miles. During my assignment in Australia, I may have a few QF flights but not so many... the rest will continue to be on Skyteam.

Thanks for anyone's advice.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Award flights still are a better bargain with AA than QF (when you can find them). Certainly redeeming in Economy with QF is not normally fiscally sound when fees are considered. Status is probably easier to earn with QF (4 QF flights are easy to obtain domestically in Oz). Though the question is open with regards flying enough to obtain OW Sapphire and free lounge access. You would need to determine the answer to that.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greggyfroggy
i am currently residing in Australia with both QF and AA accounts (transferred from US Airways so this is why I ended up with two OneWorld accounts).

I was previously based elsewhere and my flight pattern that used to be on Skyteam is being changed.

It seems I will have a few flights coming up between Australia to Asia, mainly on a (I) fare basis on CX. So I was wondering what was the most rewarding thing to do with such a lousy pattern. I have an equal amount of miles on both QF and AA but I would rather ditch one after using the miles. During my assignment in Australia, I may have a few QF flights but not so many... the rest will continue to be on Skyteam.
How long will you be living in Australia? Where to next?
AA is generally considered a far better ffp than QF. It does depend on your objectives from a ffp. Some people living in Au can get QF ff points from non flying activities, which can tips the balance. To me 1 AA mile = 2 QF points

Look here including post 3 links http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html Look at post 330
www.wheretocredit.com/cx
Be careful about expiry with QF & AA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.