advice needed on where to credit Srilankan flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond,United Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum,Hertz President Circle

Due to irregular operations, Turkish booked me on Srilankan airlines on a TK ticket number. I added my AA account to the reservation but it seems I cannot credit UL flight to Aadvantage as it was a TK issued ticket...
Any suggestions which program I should credit them to???
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deadly_scorpion
Due to irregular operations, Turkish booked me on Srilankan airlines on a TK ticket number. I added my AA account to the reservation but it seems I cannot credit UL flight to Aadvantage as it was a TK issued ticket...
An interesting question. Does the flight have a TK or UL flight number?
With Oneworld the marketing carrier (flight number) determines ff earning (if an eligible flight). A little surprised the ticket number(issuer) makes a difference. Operating carrier can make a difference
www.wheretocredit.com/ul
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
email in the back-up documentation and original ticket as well as a note advising you were re-routed and are therefore missing the original ticket.
[email protected]
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zebranz
Email in the back-up documentation and original ticket as well as a note advising you were re-routed and are therefore missing the original ticket.
[email protected]
The way I read deadly_scorpion post 1 is that he/she had a TK flight and was then put on a UL flight. So is trying to get credit for the new UL flight to AAdvantage. And maybe double dip (as we all do) by trying original route credit from TK to a Star Alliance ffp for missed original flight.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
No problem with that in my book
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
The way I read deadly_scorpion post 1 is that he/she had a TK flight and was then put on a UL flight. So is trying to get credit for the new UL flight to AAdvantage. And maybe double dip (as we all do) by trying original route credit from TK to a Star Alliance ffp for missed original flight.
The question was to credit the UL flights to AA. It can and should be done as the person has BIS on UL.

If deadly wants to ask for ORC, it is between deadly and *A.
(My opinion -which counts for zip is why not. The inconvenience of being rerouted does not violate the rule for double dipping in the T&C's. Isn't DD getting credits twice for the same flight? This is getting credit for BIS travel and ORC.)
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
If the flight has a UL flight number AND it is operated by a OneWorld airline (assuming UL in this case) AND in the economy cabin it is shown as one of the following fare classes: B, P, H, K, W, M, E, L, R, V, S, N, Q, O, G
THEN
it will be eligible to credit to the AA frequent flyer program.

Save e-ticket and boarding pass(es)

Happy wandering

Fred

Sri Lankan earning
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond,United Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum,Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
An interesting question. Does the flight have a TK or UL flight number?
With Oneworld the marketing carrier (flight number) determines ff earning (if an eligible flight). A little surprised the ticket number(issuer) makes a difference. Operating carrier can make a difference
www.wheretocredit.com/ul
It had a UL flight number as TK and UL only have interline partnership ( no code sharing )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.