[FARES GONE] Egyptian Pound Devalued - bargain prices for RTW tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARES GONE] Egyptian Pound Devalued - bargain prices for RTW tickets

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Has anyone made changes to an XONEX exCAI fare that involves AA flights? I have a BA booked exCAI itinerary starting in July:

CAI-xLHR-LAX-SYD-HKG-LHR-CAI

Airlines on that ticket are BA, CX, QF only (no AA). Obviously I'll need to make changes, including some AA flights in North America. Has anyone else changed itinerary (post first flight) adding or changing AA flights?

If so - which airline re-ticketed? I often have AA take over my tickets as I find their RTW desk easiest to work with.
Old May 14, 2017, 7:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by cphurley
Has anyone made changes to an XONEX exCAI fare that involves AA flights? I have a BA booked exCAI itinerary starting in July:

Airlines on that ticket are BA, CX, QF only (no AA). Obviously I'll need to make changes, including some AA flights in North America. Has anyone else changed itinerary (post first flight) adding or changing AA flights?

If so - which airline re-ticketed? I often have AA take over my tickets as I find their RTW desk easiest to work with.
Once you have flown the first segment, I don't see any difficulty in doing that.
Old May 14, 2017, 8:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cphurley

Which airline did you make the initial booking with? I would just call that airline and make the change - alternatively , since you have QF in the booking perhaps try it

I suspect that AA would not be able to do anything until there is some AA in the booking

I have found Qantas much better to work with that the AA ATW desk and no need to wait for ages for pricing - can be quoted and pretty much issued on the spot
Old May 16, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I suspect that AA would not be able to do anything until there is some AA in the booking
What makes you suspect this? I haven't heard of this being an issue. I could see AA refusing to take over an RTW ticket if there are no AA flights and you don't want to add any, but I'm not sure why AA would have a problem taking over a ticket and adding AA flights.

Last edited by anabolism; Jun 12, 2017 at 4:56 pm Reason: Fix typo ("an" instead of "and")
Old May 18, 2017, 4:15 am

Any chance we can close this thread?

I'm still depressed that i didn't start my research on FlyerTalk for xONEx fares until February...

SOOO MUCH VALUE AND SO MANY TIER POINTS MISSED.....
Old May 18, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I purchased an ex-CAI DONE4 from BA and have requested an upgrade to F on the second segment of the first two married segments on as of yet uncommenced travel. The upgrade was available and they sent it off to ticketing. That was about 2 weeks ago and it has not been processed and re-ticketed yet. I did call them last week and asked about its status and they checked the notes and there was no issues found. They resubmitted it to ticketing and said it should be processed in a couple days. Now ticket has still not been reissued.

Has anyone else who ticketed ex-Egypt been able to upgrade prior to commencing travel? Any insights on the possibility of BA not being able to reticket with the upgrade because there is no longer an ex-Egypt fare out there?

Thanks - Bob
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I'm starting one of these in a couple of weeks. First flight is CAI-LHR on BA with an 0800 departure, so I think that I'll spend the preceding night at LM. The U.S. DOS website says that U.S. passport holders can obtain visa on arrival for $25, and that I do not need to obtain a visa in advance. Anyone here know if this is still accurate?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I'm starting one of these in a couple of weeks. First flight is CAI-LHR on BA with an 0800 departure, so I think that I'll spend the preceding night at LM. The U.S. DOS website says that U.S. passport holders can obtain visa on arrival for $25, and that I do not need to obtain a visa in advance. Anyone here know if this is still accurate?
Single entry visa on arrival still US$25. The single entry visa fee was supposed to increase July 1 but the increase was cancelled. You buy the visa just before immigration.

I think you mentioned that you had more than one of these scheduled to depart CAI in the next few months, if so you might want to consider getting a multiple entry visa in advance.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Single entry visa on arrival still US$25. The single entry visa fee was supposed to increase July 1 but the increase was cancelled. You buy the visa just before immigration.

I think you mentioned that you had more than one of these scheduled to depart CAI in the next few months, if so you might want to consider getting a multiple entry visa in advance.
Thanks, exactly what I wanted to hear. No, just this one. Believe it or not, I'm constrained by the travel I already have planned for the rest of the year, so I was unable to schedule any more when I bought this one. Hopefully, the next severe devaluation won't occur until next year!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska

Try to be one of the first ones deplaning. When you arrive you will see some bank counters on the right just before immigration. Most of them sell visas, not all. Just have your money ready and get the sticker. The area can be a zoo and everybody is pushing. Other than that the process is easy.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Just have your money ready....
U.S. currency, I assume?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:01 am
R2

U.S. currency, I assume?
You can pay USD25 or EUR25...if the latter they give you small change in EGP.

You can go to a bank counter on either side of the immigration hall.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:59 am

When I started my ex-CAI AONE4 in March, I also stayed at the Le Meriden using SPG points. I had just made platinum status and sent a generic email about walking to the hotel from the airport. You can walk there, but you have to go to terminal 2, I believe. I flew in on BA into terminal 3.

Anyway, they offered a complimentary meet and greet service. What was unusual, but true, is that the person meets you before any immigration services. I gave hime the $25, he got the visa and put it into the passport, and directed us to the front of the immigration and custom lines ahead of others in line. Then a 5 minute ride around the roads to the hotel entrance. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: BA DL
Thanks for the useful information. I will be arriving on BA and staying at the LM in the near future.

However, BA uses Terminal 2. The LM is connected to Terminal 3.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
I purchased an ex-CAI DONE4 from BA and have requested an upgrade to F on the second segment of the first two married segments on as of yet uncommenced travel. The upgrade was available and they sent it off to ticketing. That was about 2 weeks ago and it has not been processed and re-ticketed yet. I did call them last week and asked about its status and they checked the notes and there was no issues found. They resubmitted it to ticketing and said it should be processed in a couple days. Now ticket has still not been reissued.

Has anyone else who ticketed ex-Egypt been able to upgrade prior to commencing travel? Any insights on the possibility of BA not being able to reticket with the upgrade because there is no longer an ex-Egypt fare out there?
BA should be able to reticket with the upgrade since there's no fare change; they should be able to simply copy the fare information from the old ticket to the new one. Further, since there was a published fare at the time of the original issuance, they can use that if need be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.