Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Where to get status from QR biz (I) fare (cmb-doh-jnb)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Is there a program I could credit to that would qualify me for status? (Return flight is from DUR.) Currently have AA platinum expiring in 2017 with only 2 measly segments. Have AA miles in the bank and frequently transfer from AMEX to BA Avios for reward bookings but no BA status.
Would like to use status for bags next year (and lounge access as a bonus). Would consider booking additional flight (within South Africa, EU or the US before year end) if I needed another flight to obtain status.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by milesunited
Is there a program I could credit to that would qualify me for status? (Return flight is from DUR.) Currently have AA platinum expiring in 2017 with only 2 measly segments. Have AA miles in the bank and frequently transfer from AMEX to BA Avios for reward bookings but no BA status.
Would like to use status for bags next year (and lounge access as a bonus). Would consider booking additional flight (within South Africa, EU or the US before year end) if I needed another flight to obtain status.
IF your return flight is on QR Biz and DUR-DOH-CMB, then you would get 560TPs on total on BA. That's 40 TP short of BA Silver (OWS), which is equivalent to AA Plat and requires only an el cheapo short haul business fare to hit that.(SIN-KUL one way on Biz is 40TP for example)
Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
IF your return flight is on QR Biz and DUR-DOH-CMB, then you would get 560TPs on total on BA. That's 40 TP short of BA Silver (OWS), which is equivalent to AA Plat and requires only an el cheapo short haul business fare to hit that.(SIN-KUL one way on Biz is 40TP for example)
In addition to the tier points the OP would still need to have flown 4 eligible flights on BA. See part 02 of this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25948897-post4.html
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
In addition to the tier points the OP would still need to have flown 4 eligible flights on BA. See part 02 of this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25948897-post4.html
Two return DUR - JNB flights on BA in anything up the lowest classes will get you the 40 missing tier points and your 4 BA flights!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Two return DUR - JNB flights on BA in anything up the lowest classes will get you the 40 missing tier points and your 4 BA flights!
That's right indeed! Comair flights operated for BA in South Africa earns TP as well.

How on earth did I forget the part about 4 BA flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.