Wiki Posts
Search

Getting OW status

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Getting OW status

Hi
I will be traveling DEL-AMS-DEL in October in economy class and would like to use this trip to get / get close to Sapphire status on any ffp in OW. I do not mind taking a longer route or higher RBD at a slightly higher cost and am open to fly any airline.

I currently have Avianca amigo gold and etihad gold, both expiring march 17. I can try to do a status match / challenge using these. I do have some long haul flights credited to alaska, united, jet airways in premium classes.

Any suggestions as to how to go about this?

Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2016, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very unlikely 1 discount economy trip will get you anywhere near status with any airline. Most (all?) Oneworld airlines require you to have 4 marketed flights (or 2 with BA) to get status.

Look here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Taking 4 flights in this trip should not be a problem. This can be done by taking one stop flights in both directions.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vikasr
Taking 4 flights in this trip should not be a problem. This can be done by taking one stop flights in both directions.
That limits you to the airline that fly's that route. Unless you buy a codeshare.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Within OW, we have UL, QR, AY and BA flying the possible route. Code share can also be considered.

However, from my research I could not find any ffp that would let me get anywhere close to getting a Sapphire status even with a status challenge. And i could not find any possible status match as well for which i could show this booking as proof of travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.