Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in SFO

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access in SFO

I am flying CX in J HKG-SFO and then AS in Y SFO-SEA. Both flights in one itinerary using AA miles redemption. I searched for lounge access rule, but only found rules for Oneworld. Even though AS is not part of Oneworld, can I still use either CX or JL lounge in SFO?
Old May 18, 2016, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by pinkblanket
I am flying CX in J HKG-SFO and then AS in Y SFO-SEA. Both flights in one itinerary using AA miles redemption. I searched for lounge access rule, but only found rules for Oneworld. Even though AS is not part of Oneworld, can I still use either CX or JL lounge in SFO?
Officially, no. To obtain access in when connecting from a long haul business or first class flight to a short haul flight the short haul flight must be marketed and operated by a oneworld airline. Since AS is not a oneworld airline, no access.
oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers

Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.
Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.
First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights: First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.

The following exceptions apply:
1. First and Business Class customers who do not hold Emerald or Sapphire tier status are not eligible to access American Airlines lounges when travelling on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico [except Mexico City], the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean; customers travelling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access.
2. Guests are not permitted at Qatar Airways Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges at Hamad International Airport in Doha or Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.