Search

OW Ruby for free for 4 months

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
OW Ruby for free for 4 months

Might be handy for people traveling without lounge access a piece of plastic: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airbe...romotions.html

Form here: http://www.vornesitzen.de/upload/tbs...Starthilfe.pdf

You can also buy Ruby for €500 per year...

Of course they also still do a status match (up to Sapphire): https://topbonus.airberlin.com/web/t...K&locale=en_DE

Last edited by henkybaby; Mar 7, 2016 at 9:30 am
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Might be handy for people traveling without lounge access:
I don't think this will help them much!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
AB Silver doesn't get you lounge access as it only maps to OW Ruby.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 710 77345
I don't think this will help them much!
I will go somewhere quiet and hit myself on the head a few times.

Well, other nice stuff then... Not sure what.

On an aside; I did notice that they give OWE a status match to Hertz PC. That has been the single most valuable (and usable) status for many years to me. Reserve cheapest car, get a cool one almost every time (except in France). Does BA offer something similar with AVIS?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I saw that thread before and I still can't believe anybody would pay 500 EUR for Ruby status. airberlin must be so desperate for cash!!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

To make up for it: they do have a 241 Spain-East Coast USA sale. See Premium Fares thread. Not spectacular though. €2700 + tax for two to BOS or NYC...
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by henkybaby

Well, other nice stuff then... Not sure what.
Ruby still gets you some nice perks:

-On S7,you would still get access to seat reservation including emergency exit/bulkhead even on "Hand baggage only/no seat selection fares",as well as an extra 1PCS@23KG.+the amazing priority security facility at DME+increase in op ups chance.

-On RJ ex AMM you'd be able to use the premium check in lounge with it's own security/immigration facilities+priority boarding.

-On CX,access to emergency exit seats (although I am not intrested in those).
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
airberlin must be so desperate for cash!!
Well, they are, as far as I understand...
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Krisflyer, Velocity
Hi, I signed up to this, haha, I have no status and might be flying more OW and less LCCs in Feb-Mar 2017.

I just used 10k AAmiles for a QF flight MEL-DRW, 4 and a half hour flight so an exit row would be great but when I chose seats it was locked out.

Wonder if I call up and quote the AirBerlin number, it will open up? We shall see....
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
deleted
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:56 pm

I signed up for this as I currently have no status and am flying with QR later this month. The main reason I signed up is that I read you can use the Business class check in desks and I'm having pain while standing at the moment so the less waiting in line I have to do, the better! When I purchased the tix, I put in my BA FF number for miles to be credited there. Will I need to change this to TopBonus or even QR to use the business class check in desk? Is it just sufficient to line up and then show the card as to the reason I am in the business class line with a Y ticket. If it makes any difference I am flying BCN - DOH.

Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by mel.b
I signed up for this as I currently have no status and am flying with QR later this month. The main reason I signed up is that I read you can use the Business class check in desks and I'm having pain while standing at the moment so the less waiting in line I have to do, the better! When I purchased the tix, I put in my BA FF number for miles to be credited there. Will I need to change this to TopBonus or even QR to use the business class check in desk? Is it just sufficient to line up and then show the card as to the reason I am in the business class line with a Y ticket. If it makes any difference I am flying BCN - DOH.

Thanks
Yeah absolutely you can just show the plastic or digital copy of the card....and since OW Ruby does not give you lounge access,it is also much easier and you will not have to input one FF number in and then change it and change it back again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.