Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing from CX to TG on AONE3 Tix

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Changing from CX to TG on AONE3 Tix

I am currently in the middle of a RTW in F. I have a sector from BKK to ICN via HKG on CX. However due to a delay on my flight CX have switched me over to TG on the BKK to HKG sector in order to make my HKG to ICN sector. Will this void my ticket or will it remain as it is? Should I contact the ticket issuing airline (BA in this case) or just not worry about it.

Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
That's interesting; because I don't know that TG has a mechanism for being compensated for an xONEx ticket, which are typically (or at least used to be -- I haven't done an AONEx for several years, though I start one in mid-November) validated as valid on OW carriers only. Theoretically it shouldn't invalidate the remainder of your ticket because CX knows about it and CX is the carrier who operates the flight on which you will "noshow" -- however, I emphasize theoretically. It can't hurt to call and ask. And get the name of the agent with whom you speak. Potentially avoids huge probs later if I'm wrong.

Unless you're already at the airport, go early enough (I'd say an extra 1-2 hours) to enjoy and experience the TG F lounge and service. IMO TG F is one of the best in the world on the ground at BKK, not so much in the air, though.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
That's interesting; because I don't know that TG has a mechanism for being compensated for an xONEx ticket, which are typically (or at least used to be -- I haven't done an AONEx for several years, though I start one in mid-November) validated as valid on OW carriers only. Theoretically it shouldn't invalidate the remainder of your ticket because CX knows about it and CX is the carrier who operates the flight on which you will "noshow" -- however, I emphasize theoretically. It can't hurt to call and ask. And get the name of the agent with whom you speak. Potentially avoids huge probs later if I'm wrong.

Unless you're already at the airport, go early enough (I'd say an extra 1-2 hours) to enjoy and experience the TG F lounge and service. IMO TG F is one of the best in the world on the ground at BKK, not so much in the air, though.
Thanks I actually typed that while I was in the lounge about to board. The CX checkin agent had me booked on an overnight on HK which I wasn't willing to do so they rerouted ke on TG in order to meet my connection. The agent walked me over to the TG desk and checked me in herself with some coupons being handed over to the flight controller on TG. I couldn't see what was on the coupons, and got my boardong pass for my onward connection.

I didn't have anything other than 10mins in the lounge, and only Business lounge access with TG sonce this sector is booked onto D class due to no A class availability. My OWE status is pulling its weight as I enjoy lunch at the pier right now.

Thanks
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I expect CX have involuntarily protected you onto TG - they will have reissued that one coupon they would have lifted for your light, and reissued it to TG. You will not be considered a nosho for the CX flight (at least you won't have any further consequences for not making it due to CX delay). The CX coupon will show used - BA will pay CX, CX will pay TG per standard interline agreements.

Don't worry about it at all. If anyone questions later, simply explaining that CX protected you on TG due to a misconnect will be enough.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by JAXBA
I expect CX have involuntarily protected you onto TG - they will have reissued that one coupon they would have lifted for your light, and reissued it to TG. You will not be considered a nosho for the CX flight (at least you won't have any further consequences for not making it due to CX delay). The CX coupon will show used - BA will pay CX, CX will pay TG per standard interline agreements.

Don't worry about it at all. If anyone questions later, simply explaining that CX protected you on TG due to a misconnect will be enough.
Yes except technically the CX BKKHKG coupon will show "EXCH" (Exchanged) instead of "USED."
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by JAXBA

Sorry, but this leaves OP with nothing in the event that things don't go as you've laid them out here. Reminds me of an incident many years ago when I was a computer geek. My dataphone rang; and it was someone who had received a shutoff notice from the electric company (apparently the numbers were similar). I listened to his story, then told him that it must have been a computer glitch and not to worry about it.

Never hurts to call and confirm. At the very least, that 1) puts a note in your record about what happened, 2) puts CX on official notice that you're not going to be on the ticketed flight but still not a noshow, 3) gives you something to go back to in the event that things don't go exactly as planned. If OP follows your advice, JAXBA, s/he is showing much more faith in the system than I would have, especially when the possible consequence is the cancellation of the rest of a RTW itinerary.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Oct 6, 2015 at 3:42 am
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
I strongly suggest calling reservation office and confirming your reservation status.

I have a terrible experience of last minutes flight change triggering no-show.

My original booking of DONEX is
------CDG-xLHR-DXB-LHR-JNB (CX issued ticket)

At CDG BA's checkin counter, I asked my CDG-LHR flight to an earlier one.
A checkin agent was happy to do so. However, He/She did make something wrong in my reservation.

I got CDG-LHR, and LHR-DXB boarding passes. At that point, no problem.
However a couple of days later, at DXB checking counter, an agent said I didn't have DXB-LHR reservation.
The record said a reservation of DXB-LHR-JNB was cancelled because of no-show.

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Oct 6, 2015 at 8:54 am
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Ok so I called BA in Kuwait (Ticket issuer) and they are showing that sector BKK to HKG as exchanged and HKG to ICN as flown. I have asked about my next flight in a few days and they said its all valid and not to worry as I am flying all sectors in the order that they were issued.

I think because I flew the next sector on the itinerary as issued I faced no problems. As an exchanged sector , I believe they will just change that into a surface sector for me.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Sorry, but this leaves OP with nothing in the event that things don't go as you've laid them out here.

If OP follows your advice, JAXBA, s/he is showing much more faith in the system than I would have, especially when the possible consequence is the cancellation of the rest of a RTW itinerary.
Fair enough, but I was the system so I understood what CX would be doing and that was why personally I'd have trusted it.

Originally Posted by KU104
As an exchanged sector , I believe they will just change that into a surface sector for me.
Since it was an invol exchange, it counts as you having flown BKK-HKG on CX. You may even be able to claim mileage/status points for the original routing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.