Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways in Doha Lounge Access Policy for One World Elites/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Qatar Airways in Doha Lounge Access Policy for One World Elites/Issues

This may be of value for people going to or via Doha, and please correct if anything here is wrong.

Having transited and visited Doha over the last few months it seems QR has a distinct lounge access policy. While I am not certain to the accuracy of the below information, as these are personal observations, I could not get good answers on the ground, this may be of value if flying to or via Doha if you are visiting the lounges.

Oryx (Business) Lounge. Looks like designed for Elite Status Passengers flying economy class, on all One World Airlines. Walked in did not stay long, and headed for Al Mourjan Lounge. There are snacks but no dining options.

Al Mourjan (Business) Lounge. For Business Class Passengers flying Business, on all 1W carriers. The staff at the bottom of the escalators directed 1W Status passengers flying economy to the Oryx Lounge. This is a nice lounge, though did not try the dining option.

Al Safwa (First) Lounge. For First Class Passengers travalling First Class. Although a OWE was told no access.

My observations are based on being a OWE on CX. The only 1W lounge options are QR, QR, and QR.

Important note. Check in desks for non-QR passengers open a strict 3 hours ahead. If heading for the airport suggest do not get there early as nothing to do but wait. If transiting allow plenty of time, just like Dubai.

Last edited by Nicc HK; Jun 3, 2015 at 3:43 am Reason: Change of terms to common usage
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:57 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
This may be of value for people going to or via Doha, and please correct if anything here is wrong.

Having transited and visited Doha over the last few months it seems QR has a distinct lounge access policy. While I am not certain to the accuracy of the below information, as these are personal observations, I could not get good answers on the ground, this may be of value if flying to or via Doha if you are visiting the lounges.

Oryx (Business) Lounge. Looks like designed for Elite Status Passengers flying economy class, on all One World Airlines. Walked in did not stay long, and headed for Al Mourjan Lounge. There are snacks but no dining options.

Al Mourjan (Business) Lounge. For Business Class Passengers flying Business, on all 1W carriers. The staff at the bottom of the escalators directed 1W Status passengers flying economy to the Oryx Lounge. This is a nice lounge, though did not try the dining option.

Al Safwa (First) Lounge. For First Class Passengers travalling First Class. Although a OWE was told no access.

My observations are based on being a OWE on CX. The only 1W lounge options are QR, QR, and QR.

Important note. Check in desks for non-QR passengers open a strict 3 hours ahead. If heading for the airport suggest do not get there early as nothing to do but wait. If transiting allow plenty of time, just like Dubai.
If you're flying CX J from DOH, wouldn't you get access to the Al Safwa Lounge since CX/QR have a JV? I understand there wouldn't be access granted to other ow airlines, but would it apply for CX?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 4:40 am
Original Poster

That is what I had assumed being OWE, and on 2 occasions, both on CX Business Class I could not access the First lounge.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: OW Emerald
This is a known exception and is listed on the oneWorld page,
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status

The following exceptions apply:
4. Qatar Airways Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges at Hamad International Airport in Doha and Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 4 are excluded.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks for pointing out this on the 1W website, unfortunately the QR website is not so clear. My guess is quite a few frequent flyers will not be aware of this, hence my post.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:15 am
Suspended

Thanks for pointing out this on the 1W website, unfortunately the QR website is not so clear. My guess is quite a few frequent flyers will not be aware of this, hence my post.
It is well discussed since the opening of Doha new airport. And it seems the lounge access recently changed again as per oneworld.com website. A dedicated Business class lounge and a dedicated first class lounge have opened for oneworld elite flying economy class.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
They have done the same as BA with the Concorde Room or SQ with the Private Room and have not classed these lounges as First/Business lounges allowing them to restrict access.

It will be interesting to see what they end up doing with the Al Safwa lounge due to the lack of First seats in their network. Depending on capacity they may just let it sit fairly empty, or maybe they will allow access to their J pax if they are OWE or top tier in their own program.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: AAdv Exec Platinum, SPG Gold
Any insights on whether access to the Al Mourjan lounge is allowed if in-bound flight is in business class and outbound is in economy (both on Qatar)? Am trying to secure a business class award but the last leg from Doha to Male only has economy seats available.

Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: AAdv Exec Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sameerb
Any insights on whether access to the Al Mourjan lounge is allowed if in-bound flight is in business class and outbound is in economy (both on Qatar)? Am trying to secure a business class award but the last leg from Doha to Male only has economy seats available.
Answering my own question; got the info from Qatar on their lounge policy. Thought I would post here in case it benefits someone..

Please note the following access conditions for the Al Mourjan Business Lounge:
a. Al Mourjan Lounge is an exclusive lounge for QR and oneworld business class ticketed customers who can enjoy a range of exclusive facilities and services.
b. Business class FFP Redemption ticket holders (for first leg and/or onward journey) are entitled to this lounge as well.
c. Customers travelling on Qatar Airways operated codeshare partner flights are entitled to Al Mourjan Lounge according to the ticketed class.
d. Business class customers booked on mixed cabin itineraries are eligible to access Al Mourjan Lounge.
Customer shall present a valid ticket and/or boarding card for the onward or previous long-haul international flight in order to avail the lounge facility.
e. Customers above the age of 12yrs booked in economy class even though travelling with family members booked in first or business class are not eligible to access this lounge.
f. Upgraded economy class customers are not entitled to this lounge.
meehgz likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 3:37 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by sameerb
Answering my own question; got the info from Qatar on their lounge policy. Thought I would post here in case it benefits someone..

Please note the following access conditions for the Al Mourjan Business Lounge:
a. Al Mourjan Lounge is an exclusive lounge for QR and oneworld business class ticketed customers who can enjoy a range of exclusive facilities and services.
b. Business class FFP Redemption ticket holders (for first leg and/or onward journey) are entitled to this lounge as well.
c. Customers travelling on Qatar Airways operated codeshare partner flights are entitled to Al Mourjan Lounge according to the ticketed class.
d. Business class customers booked on mixed cabin itineraries are eligible to access Al Mourjan Lounge.
Customer shall present a valid ticket and/or boarding card for the onward or previous long-haul international flight in order to avail the lounge facility.
e. Customers above the age of 12yrs booked in economy class even though travelling with family members booked in first or business class are not eligible to access this lounge.
f. Upgraded economy class customers are not entitled to this lounge.
Does it mean if i fly to doha in business and cotinue in economy i will have access to Al Mourjan?

Last edited by Crisu69; Dec 24, 2015 at 8:25 am
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. BA Gold
Originally Posted by Crisu69
Does it mean if i fly to doha in business and cotinue in economy i will have access to Al Mourjan?
Yes, see point D.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
So as a Oneworld Emerald traveling in Economy on Qatar what lounge in Doha would myself and companion have access to?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tt120
So as a Oneworld Emerald traveling in Economy on Qatar what lounge in Doha would myself and companion have access to?
From the lounge guide ( https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access ) , would have access to either of Qatar Airways Business Class Lounge or the Qatar Airways First Class Lounge.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
From the lounge guide ( https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access ) , would have access to either of Qatar Airways Business Class Lounge or the Qatar Airways First Class Lounge.
I haven't seen the QR First class lounge for elites. How does it compare to the A Moujan lounge?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
Originally Posted by tt120
Oryx Lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.