Wiki Posts
Search

Question about LONE4 24 hour transfer rule

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia plus plata, TAP miles&go
Question about LONE4 24 hour transfer rule

I am currently planning a lone4 trip and i had a question about the 24 hour rule when you only do a transfer and not a stopover.For my last leg of my trip from LIM to AMS i am offered a option to go through MIA and LHR, since i would like to maximze my time in Miami i would like to take the night flight with LAN arriving in MIA at 07.50 am stay in Miami until 06.00 am the next day and then take a US flight to PHL and take the US flight to AMS at 06.40 pm or if that isnt allowed i could take the morning flight to LHR on US and do a overnight at LHR.Can anyone clarify if the option with the AMS flight would be oke?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As long as you spend less than 24 hours , it is a transit

as long as travel complies with the other rules of the ticket, 22 hours is fine
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
There were some discussion about rule interpretation.

AMS-HKG-SFO-LAX-LIM-xMIA-LHR-AMS
is valid.

There was discussion about
AMS-HKG-SFO-LAX-LIM-xMIA-xPHL-LHR-AMS
(arrive at MIA from departure from PHL < 24 hours)
North American transit exception can be applied for combined two transit points ?

rule:
(e) Only one intercontinental departure and one intercontinental arrival permitted in each continent except as follows:
1. Two permitted in North America when one is a transfer without stopover.
Then, how about:
LIM-xMIA-ORD-xPHL-LHR
Still, xMIA is 2nd intercontinental arrival without stopover, xPHL is 2nd intercontinental departure without stopover.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
From my own single experience with this issue on LONE4, arrived at LHR from ORD on a flight scheduled for 10am and departed the next day from LGW at 10am for continental Europe.

It was ticketed as a transit (AA).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.