Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OW Sapphire Lounge Access with Family

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

OW Sapphire Lounge Access with Family

Hello, I'm new to international travel and was recently in DOH. I'm OW Sapphire and thought I would be able to get lounge access for myself and my mother. I would then pay the $40 for my father. I was told no. I either had to leave 1 parent outside the lounge or pay $40 for each of us.

Is this correct?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Not enough information yet. What airline were you flying? What lounge were you trying to access?
This is the oneworld policy for access by tier status:
oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status

Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire frequent flyer tier status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown (exceptions are noted below).
Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges.
Sapphire tier frequent flyers are welcome in Business Class* or frequent flyer lounges. (*does not include Qantas Domestic Business Lounges)
Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.
You must be prepared to show your boarding pass and frequent flyer membership card, with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status, to access a lounge.

The following exceptions apply:
1. American Airlines, US Airways and Qantas offer programmes enabling customers to pay to gain access to their lounges. These programmes are not part of the oneworld agreement, and members of these programmes are not entitled to access lounges under the oneworld agreement.
2. American Airlines AAdvantage® members and US Airways Dividend Miles members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. For more information, visit, http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...miralsClub.jsp and http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...b/default.html
3. Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold members, regardless of their oneworld tier status, cannot access Qantas Domestic Business Lounges.
4. Qatar Airways Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges at Hamad International Airport in Doha and Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 4 are excluded.
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Sorry about that:

Flying Qatar Airways and was trying to get access to the Oryx lounge for everyone since I had read that non status passenger can pay $40 as long as they have a boarding pass and the lounge wasn't too crowded.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by jken2000
Sorry about that:

Flying Qatar Airways and was trying to get access to the Oryx lounge for everyone since I had read that non status passenger can pay $40 as long as they have a boarding pass and the lounge wasn't too crowded.
The Oryx lounge is "Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines". The Oneworld lounge access does not guarantee access to a 3rd party lounge unless you are flying on a carrier served by the 3rd party lounge.

I believe you and one guest would have been entitled to access the QR business class lounge.
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-a...ungeaccess/DOH
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Basically access to most OW lounges cannot be bought. Exceptions are the AA and QF lounges.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
May I hop inside this thread and ask a hopefully simple question:

Being a (brand new) OW Emerald, travelling with my son in Y out of DOH on QR to BKK.

Is it permissable that we both use the QR F lounge located main terminal, 2nd floor?

Thanks a lot,

F.R.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl

Being a (brand new) OW Emerald, travelling with my son in Y out of DOH on QR to BKK.

Is it permissable that we both use the QR F lounge located main terminal, 2nd floor?

Thanks a lot,

F.R.
As jerry a. laska posted above,

Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.

You must be prepared to show your boarding pass and frequent flyer membership card, with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status, to access a lounge.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl

Thanks a lot,

F.R.
As jerry a. laska posted above,

Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown...

Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.