Wiki Posts
Search

Seat booking Cathay on BA.com ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Seat booking Cathay on BA.com ?

I have just booked a round trip from London to Australia with stopovers in Singapore and HK. The Melbourne to Hong Kong leg is on a Cathay plane with BA codeshare.

I can't book seats on that leg. Presumably this is something to do with it being a Cathay-run flight ... is this normal ?

nb - I suppose I have been spoiled by BA allowances but the Cathay business class luggage allowance at 30kg/passenger seems rather small in comparison to the BA allowance.

Presumably my BAEC gold (my wife is Silver) will bump us up to something that is more in line ?

Apart from these minor glitches, we are looking forward to flying Cathay again. I think it has been over 20 years since we last did ... they bumped us to 1st class that time. Here's hoping ....
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
You can't use BA MMB to select seats on a CX operated flight. You need to go to the CX website and select seats there.

See these threads among others in the BA forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...n-economy.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-seats-cx.html
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by pps197
Apart from these minor glitches, we are looking forward to flying Cathay again. I think it has been over 20 years since we last did ... they bumped us to 1st class that time. Here's hoping ....
No first class offered by CX between Australia and HKG so don't hope too much!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Good point !
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
You will get an extra 20kg in any event. However, you should check your ticket, since it is possible it will specify BA allowances throughout
Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Well, I must say we were very impressed with the CX business class service and also the seats which were much better designed and equipped than the BA Club World seats IMO.

On the basis of this flight experience, I think we would look for times when we could fly on Cathay planes with BA codes in future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.