Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in the US

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2014, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Lounge access in the US

Hi All. Early November I will have a long day of flying....getting my 4 sectors in on AA/US to requalify. On the last day this will be my routing:

BUF - PHL US in coach
PHL - CLT AA in coach
CLT - IAD US in coach
IAD - DOH QR in business

I am currently Platinum (OWS) with AA.

I know the rules are no domestic lounge access unless it is a connection with a Oneworld international flight on the same day. But I am not sure what the case is with the above - the BUF-PHL-CLT-IAD is on one ticket and the QR sector on another ticket.

Will I be able to get lounge access (assuming there is a lounge in BUF) at all 3 airport en route, will it only be at PHL as it is the only AA sector, or only at CLT as it is the last stop to connect to IAD or none of the above.

Thanks

W
Old Oct 12, 2014, 2:39 am

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
The oneworld lounge access rules do not specify that you must be on the same ticket to take advantage of the lounge access on domestic segments connecting to international. However, it will help your case if you check all the way through to DOH from BUF and have all your BPs
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:37 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Lounge access in the US

If you have the QR BP, should be no problem with access.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
There is a US lounge in BUF. Not big or extravagent, but it beats sitting in the gate area.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: QFF
If you had status with a oneworld carrier other then AA/US, there wouldn't be an issue. As it's AA, which doesn't normally allow access for it's own members on US flights, you need to rely on that QR long haul flight for access.

As long as you have that QR boarding pass and the other flights are the same day, you should be able to get in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.