TAM is getting used to their new alliance - slowly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.

When I flew with TAM last month, my BP reflected my Star Alliance gold status as *G. Today, my OWE status was shown as *E, which I found amusing.

Oh, and after landing, the English version of the purser's announcement went "Thank you for flying Star Alliance, a member of One World".
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:50 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Do the crew still spend most of the flight (if domestic) hiding in the galley and having their meals then get around to a fast passenger drinks run near the end of the flight? So annoying.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Well my trip was between CGH and SDU, so no time for them to do anything other than the inflight service before preparing the cabin for landing.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:01 am

By the way, I tried entering my TAM Fidelidade number on a QR reservation and there was no option for TAM yet, anyone else having this problem with any other OW carrier?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrisoli
By the way, I tried entering my TAM Fidelidade number on a QR reservation and there was no option for TAM yet, anyone else having this problem with any other OW carrier?
QR accepts JJ number on the GDS. That's a QR website issue: I suggest the Qatar forum at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...lege-club-644/
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
When I flew with TAM last month, my BP reflected my Star Alliance gold status as *G. Today, my OWE status was shown as *E, which I found amusing.

Oh, and after landing, the English version of the purser's announcement went "Thank you for flying Star Alliance, a member of One World".
They are using *E, *S and *R to state your OW tier.

Just like they did with Star Alliance.

I guess if you get one of those cheap boarding passes, you will note at the bottom of the small part your full FF number and the Status.

For example, mine would state LH xxxxxxx Senator. Now I am not sure, since I use my JJ FFP and it does state JJ XXXXX Vermelho (Red).
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by og
Do the crew still spend most of the flight (if domestic) hiding in the galley and having their meals then get around to a fast passenger drinks run near the end of the flight? So annoying.
Don't think that'll change any time soon.. old habits die hard. I learnt my lesson the hard way with them: Getting stuck in the window seat on a packed overnight on the 777 with not even so much as a water run between meals.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GRUflyer
They are using *E, *S and *R to state your OW tier.

Just like they did with Star Alliance.

I guess if you get one of those cheap boarding passes, you will note at the bottom of the small part your full FF number and the Status.

For example, mine would state LH xxxxxxx Senator. Now I am not sure, since I use my JJ FFP and it does state JJ XXXXX Vermelho (Red).
Yes, I do understand that's what they mean, I just find it amusing given that the * stands for "Star Alliance".

At the bottom of my BPs, it said AA/A123B45*E

And yes, those flimsy Brazilian BPs (no airline excluded, as far as I know) are a huge pet hate of mine!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.