Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

GRU JJ F Lounge Access From 1 April 2014?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue

I am OWE (AA EXP) and will be transiting GRU on April 4, departing on AA in J. I assume I can use the JJ F Lounge, right? I assume all OW rules will apply, but should I bring some documentation in case there is confusion?

The Admiral's Club was nice enough, but I would like to try something different (better?)
Old Mar 30, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Tam joins today (March 31) so you'll be entitled to access the lounge, your boarding pass will confirm you're OW emerald, you shouldn't have any problems accessing it.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Unfortunately the JJ F lounge in GRU is excluded for now. http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
There is no way to fit more people in it.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
Apparently a temporary situation until the new terminal opens. The F lunge only has 13 seats, no space for non-TAM pax
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Yes, I am here at GRU right now and verified this in person (AA EXP traveling in JJ and AA business classes). The lounge attendant was as nice as could be, and pointed me to the same page you mentioned here.

But the F lounge was completely empty, I could not see a single person inside. Meanwhile, the J lounge, where she directed me to was PACKED, with every single seat taken, very loud, and people crowding the food area.

Needless to say, I ended up in the Admiral's Club, which is busy but large enough to accommodate everyone comfortably. GRU will not be my first choice until they have resolved this situation, which is pretty grim at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.