Wiki Posts
Search

OW RTW Old Geographic Fare Tables

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Question OW RTW Old Geographic Fare Tables

First time vist here from AC forum so my apologies if my question seems stupid.

I live in Canada and several years ago achieved huge savings by flying to the UK and buying a OW RTW there.

At that time OW published RTW fares based on country of residence on it's website.

Then the Y RTW fare from Canada or USA was $3,900 while from the UK it was around 1,250 pounds sterling, a substantial saving, and by flying EB from London I had the TATL leg leftover at the end, ready for another journey.

Can anyone advise if such fare tables still exist?

The present method seems to require inputting an itinerary just in order to find basic fare info, and precludes geographic shopping.

The old method was great; you knew where you stood before commencing itinerary construction.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:56 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Oneworld pulled the country fare tables after a number of countries and the EU required "all-in" pricing quotes - inclusive of taxes and fees. Since RTW fares involve numerous airports and countries that have different taxes and fees, it was impossible to put this on the OW site, so they removed them.

You need to go to a third-party site like ExpertFlyer or KVS to see the "base" fare tables, or else plug in an itinerary in the online tool at OW. Yes, it's a pain.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Oneworld pulled the country fare tables after a number of countries and the EU required "all-in" pricing quotes - inclusive of taxes and fees. Since RTW fares involve numerous airports and countries that have different taxes and fees, it was impossible to put this on the OW site, so they removed them.

You need to go to a third-party site like ExpertFlyer or KVS to see the "base" fare tables, or else plug in an itinerary in the online tool at OW. Yes, it's a pain.
Thanks Gardyloo. At least now I know what happened.

Unfortunately this precludes the ability to shop for One World's best prices geographically.

Just priced a Circle Pacific Fare on OW and *A and can do it much better myself! Looks like it's easier without the alliances nowadays.

For example: YYZ-NRT-HKG-SIN-KUL-AKL-SYD-YVR-YYZ for $2,400 Cdn in Y.

If I want prices ex UK I guess I can go back to the old favourite, the UK edition of Business Traveller. Great bucket shop ads there but hard to deal with from across the pond.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
The funny thing is AA RTW desk agents still thinks they are posted somewhere. I called them up last week to discuss some changes and two people told me a price for a base fare that was "posted online." When I asked where it was online they couldn't give me answer.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by skunker
The funny thing is AA RTW desk agents still thinks they are posted somewhere. I called them up last week to discuss some changes and two people told me a price for a base fare that was "posted online." When I asked where it was online they couldn't give me answer.
Maybe the desk agents have been reading the on-line fare rules. Rule 1 for the oneworld explorer states
FARES
Refer end of Sheet
But it's been quite a while since the fares were listed
Old Feb 23, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by TemboOne
Unfortunately this precludes the ability to shop for One World's best prices geographically.
If you have an ExperFlyer subscription you can plug in different countries and see the base fares. Generally speaking, for business class a Circle Pacific is best started in Asia, while South Africa is good for DONEx. You can also call the AA RTW desk and ask for base fares.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: QFF
Japan and Korea are among the cheapest in Asia for DONE3s.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:20 pm

What is. DONEx and DONE3?

Plan on a RTW from Asia. How do I get the base fares? The calculator on OW website is quite confusing.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:53 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by tboons
What is. DONEx and DONE3?
See post 1 in the oneworld explorer FAQs
Plan on a RTW from Asia. How do I get the base fares? The calculator on OW website is quite confusing.
There is no easy way to see the base fares from various starting points (the fares vary by country in which the journey starts)
On the oneworld booking tool, you have to specify your itinerary, then choose the flights and only then is the"Price My Itinerary" button clickable - to show the Fare and Taxes and Carrier Surcharges
Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:28 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by pandaperth
See post 1 in the oneworld explorer FAQs
Some of those need to be updated...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.