Reload this Page >

Malaysian Golden Lounges Experiences for OW Elites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysian Golden Lounges Experiences for OW Elites

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
What's the current situation? I was in KUL a few weeks ago and used the Golden Lounge in the satellite terminal and was directed to the first-class side. Is there still a Platinum area (I didn't notice such but could have missed it)?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
From what I've read it sounds as though the dining room was the Platinum area. Have to say I was pretty disappointed when I went through in November. Food selection was very limited, and the wine selection even more so. The wine choices in the F lounge were....

(Drum roll, please)...

Red or white.

And the white was muscadet, unbelievably dry to the point of being undrinkable. The wine choices were exactly the same in the J lounge and the regional lounge (yes, I tried them all - I really just wanted a nice glass of white wine!). The F lounge was very smart, but rather narrow and gallery-like. Service was extremely friendly, but slow as there was only one waiter serving the main part of the lounge (granted it was not peak time, but then there are very few guests for him to attend to). Overall I was pretty unimpressed, and since, as mentioned, I just wanted to have a nice glass of white wine I gave up and went to the CX lounge, which was a pretty typical regional outstation J lounge but at least had drinkable wine!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: OW, Marriott Rewards
I understand there are three lounges in KUL: the international golden lounge at the Satellite terminal, and the regional and domestic golden lounges in the main terminal.

I will be arriving at KUL from HKG on a CX flight in the Satellite terminal, and travelling subsequently on an onward MH flight to Penang in the main terminal. The transit time is 4 hours.

As a Oneworld Sapphire during transit, will I be able to use the international golden lounge in the Satellite building even though my onward flight is domestic? I would want to visit the international lounge rather than the domestic and regional ones...

MH says there should not be an issue and that the domestic and regional lounges are there in the main building because domestic flights leave from that terminal. Can anyone verify this?

Much appreciated ^^^
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by punkhip
I understand there are three lounges in KUL: the international golden lounge at the Satellite terminal, and the regional and domestic golden lounges in the main terminal.

I will be arriving at KUL from HKG on a CX flight in the Satellite terminal, and travelling subsequently on an onward MH flight to Penang in the main terminal. The transit time is 4 hours.

As a Oneworld Sapphire during transit, will I be able to use the international golden lounge in the Satellite building even though my onward flight is domestic? I would want to visit the international lounge rather than the domestic and regional ones...

MH says there should not be an issue and that the domestic and regional lounges are there in the main building because domestic flights leave from that terminal. Can anyone verify this?

Much appreciated ^^^
Yes, you should have no issue accessing either lounge. Don't expect much from either, though. Personally, I found them much the same in terms of offerings.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I would say my experience with the F section of the lounge at the satellite terminal was pretty disappointing.

When I arrived I was wondering around through the F seating section and there was no food to speak of out so I saw and open and door to the business lounge so I wondered over there. It was huge and not really very busy at about 10AM. I then decided to wonder over to the dining area in F and I ordered some pancakes. They took forever to arrive and were stone cold. Despite many more workers than lounge guests.... service was poor. I went to the CX lounge to at least get a decent bite and that shows how bad the MH lounge was considering the CX lounges outside of HKG can be pretty weak.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Terrible, terrible, terrible. I was directed to the F side which had almost no food and had to search for an attendant. I wanted a drink and was given my option of beer or gin. Really, their flagship F lounge and they are "out of stock" other than gin? Off to the CX lounge.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Anyone knows if the Malaysian lounge has any sleeping rooms? I am landing at 3am and connecting on a 9am flight, wouldn't mind stretching on a bed for a few hours.

I found reports of "slumber rooms" but haven't been able to confirm they are still available.

I am OWE so should be able to access all lounges.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Yes you can find slumber rooms in the F section of the lounge, you will have deposit your boarding pass in exchange for the key at the reception.
Also passed through the lounge yesterday there was plenty of decent food offerings at both the dining room and the buffet, however it was completely empty..somehow reminded me of a school canteen after school hours, also noticed a couple of duty free shops shuttered..MH really needs to get that buzz and energy flowing through the entire airport and quick.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by ashkale
Yes you can find slumber rooms in the F section of the lounge, you will have deposit your boarding pass in exchange for the key at the reception.
Also passed through the lounge yesterday there was plenty of decent food offerings at both the dining room and the buffet, however it was completely empty..somehow reminded me of a school canteen after school hours, also noticed a couple of duty free shops shuttered..MH really needs to get that buzz and energy flowing through the entire airport and quick.
You make a good point about the airport as a whole. I was checking out some shops on my last trip and most store clerks couldnt be bothered to notice anyone was entered their shop...mostly on their phones and never looking up. Definitely a very poor vibe at this airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.