New Oneworld lounge at ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Does this lounge have showers?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: Miles&More, Miles&Bonus, AAdvantage
New Oneworld lounge at ZRH

Not even a toilet. I think it's the smallest lounge in ZRH.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Does this lounge have showers?
No. None of the Schengen lounges has showers (apart from Swiss F/HON). Showers are not part of the concept of this airport ...
Old Mar 24, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by swiss_global
No. None of the Schengen lounges has showers (apart from Swiss F/HON). Showers are not part of the concept of this airport ...
It's too bad they don't have showers. I have used the showers at the Swiss SEN lounge when connecting from a long-haul non-Schengen flight to a short-haul Schengen flight and was hoping they would have one for the OW equivalent. But then ZRH is a Swiss Air hub (*A) and not really a major OW airport, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. A note to self - when making a OW connection in Europe and looking to use a shower, connect through a OW hub (LHR, MAD, HEL).
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Had a fantastic time in this lounge. No, not because of the lounge dragon giving me a hard time because of missing plastic, not because I chose the wrong wine (bad Swiss white wine), not because of the dark tasteful décor... But! Walking in on the two lounge girls doing some kind of karaoke performance - including the evil lounge dragon! Priceless!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Aeroplan, Miles&More (Silver), United Gold
If I understand this correct I can use this lounge travelling from ZRH to LCY?
Is it far from the dock E gate? Is the lounge at dock E better?
Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
To bring this thread back to life: can I use this lounge when flying on QR to DOH?

I know that I'd have to still go through passport and take the train to reach the actual departure gate, but in ZRH there are never surprises so that can be pretty accurately timed.

Thus: although being a third party lounge, is it accessible to status pax of all OW airlines?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
To bring this thread back to life: can I use this lounge when flying on QR to DOH?

I know that I'd have to still go through passport and take the train to reach the actual departure gate, but in ZRH there are never surprises so that can be pretty accurately timed.

Thus: although being a third party lounge, is it accessible to status pax of all OW airlines?
The oneworld page shows QR using the Dnata and the Panorama lounges.
From the oneworld website as well:
A non-affiliated third party may operate some lounges on behalf of the individual airline. Access to some lounges operated by third-parties on behalf of oneworld member airlines may be restricted at some times.
So, they could say they are too crowded and make you use the other QR lounges. Only one way to find out: ask them.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by remymartin
the evil lounge dragon
This is becoming an issue. Recently, it's been a "shared dragon" with the Skyteam lounge ... uhhh ...
Old Jun 21, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
And how about a cathay flight in business class, any lounge in ZRH ?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
You mean the new HKG service that's slated to start March next year? Can't really tell at this point which lounge CX will be using as they don't currently fly to ZRH, but I presume the OW lounge will be the most likely candidate.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Artemio
And how about a cathay flight in business class, any lounge in ZRH ?
As bhomburg indicated, too early to tell.

Originally Posted by bhomburg
You mean the new HKG service that's slated to start March next year? Can't really tell at this point which lounge CX will be using as they don't currently fly to ZRH, but I presume the OW lounge will be the most likely candidate.
According to OW website, the "OW lounge" is no longer a OW lounge per se. It is a third party lounge (The Zurich Lounge) so access might be limited to passengers travelling on those OW airlines listed.

Last edited by seawolf; Jun 22, 2014 at 12:37 pm
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by bhomburg
You mean the new HKG service that's slated to start March next year?
Ohhh, I didn't even realize that. The direct award fight ZRH-HKG I've just booked will be in mai 2015. So, I'll just wait... no hurry for me
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seawolf
According to OW website, the "OW lounge" is no longer a OW lounge per se. It is a third party lounge (The Zurich Lounge) so access might be limited to passengers travelling on those OW airlines listed.
Indeed, QR and RJ, as well as those OW airlines not operating ZRH, are no longer listed. QR and RJ seem to use Dnata lounge. On the other hand side, a few non-OW airlines are now also using it (EY, JU, FI). EY and JU make sense in a way as they are in the same family as AB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.