Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Splitting Hairs: QF or AA Lounge in DFW Terminal D?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, VX Gold, SPG Gold

First post &c... Hope I'm in the right place for this question.

Will be departing from DFW to SYD on QF for a honeymoon in April. Flying Y but future wife is AA PLAT/OW Sapphire so we'll arrive early and begin the decompression in one of the D terminal lounges.

My understanding of the sprawl of literature on lounge access leads me to believe we should be able to get into any OW lounge on our travel day (int'l itinerary, she has Sapphire, I'm her guest), and just wondering if anyone with experience knows if there's any reason to choose one lounge over another at terminal D. The QF/BA lounge looks like a contract lounge, is that a yellow flag?

Cheers!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Welcome to FT.

QF and BA use the same Lounge service, being a 'nest' of smaller areas that can be interconnected.

The BA flights are normally long gone by the time the QF 'lounge' opens.

Sapphire based access would be provided for both the A/C and the QF lounge.

For more see here: Confirmed: QF to add SYD-DFW but drop SYD-SFO
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
I'd take the QF lounge over the A/C, since the A/C in D, although nice, doesn't have any food or booze (although you'll get some drink coupons getting in as OW Sapphire).
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP 11.1MM; 5.9MM Marriott Ambassador; Hertz President Circle, 3.2MM AMEX
go for the QF lounge - hot food, good drink and quieter
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
I'd take the QF lounge over the A/C, since the A/C in D, although nice, doesn't have any food or booze (although you'll get some drink coupons getting in as OW Sapphire).
Not completely true. There are several draft beers for free (There's a sign on the bar if you look). That was a feature that started a couple of years ago. So, if you want to get drunk for free you can. Also, they tend to be very generous about handing out additional coupons if you ask at the desk. I've never been told no. The last time I was greedy I think I got 10 (spouse was drinking also) over a 4 hour period waiting for a flight to SCL.

Also, the free food in the QF lounge is not very good. I would rather pay a little rather than eat it. Its not the F lounge in SYD.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by rborkows
First post &c... Hope I'm in the right place for this question.

Will be departing from DFW to SYD on QF for a honeymoon in April. Flying Y but future wife is AA PLAT/OW Sapphire so we'll arrive early and begin the decompression in one of the D terminal lounges.

My understanding of the sprawl of literature on lounge access leads me to believe we should be able to get into any OW lounge on our travel day (int'l itinerary, she has Sapphire, I'm her guest), and just wondering if anyone with experience knows if there's any reason to choose one lounge over another at terminal D. The QF/BA lounge looks like a contract lounge, is that a yellow flag?

Cheers!
Yeah I would recommend you use the QF lounge, too. I have used it several times when travelling on AA, except you should bring a copy of the rules from http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/ with you. My past experience is that you (or your wife) will need to proof that you are entitled entrance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.