Community
Wiki Posts
Search

point-to-point RTW

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

point-to-point RTW

Stabbing at ITA for fifteen minutes, I found that I might be able to fly an RTW on OW airlines in biz for around USD5900 or less. Based on ITA pricing, that's the out-the-door price, which one might compare with the ex-AMM DONE3 price of about USD6212++ (EF) with the ++ not insignificant.

Those numbers are a lot like the promises made in the recent American presidential campaign, of course. I asked ITA to price (/alliance oneworld) DUB-LAX, LAX-NRT, NRT-BKK, and BKK-LHR round-trips in biz class for one person and picked the lowest of the month (December), and divided by two. The divide-by-two wouldn't bother me - I flew back-to-backs for many years - but my RTW is 12 segments short of an xONEx, probably doesn't stitch together nor allow a year, has more restrictions than D-class fares, etc.

But I spent no time at all researching it, and affirmed my thoughts about high high xONEx fares - once the happy hunting ground of the folks with advanced cases of wanderlust but finite travel budgets - have gotten. And AMM is still a 'bargain' compared to a lot of other places e.g. LHR at USD7975++.

Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.