Etihad joins Malaysian as a partner

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Etihad joins Malaysian as a partner

This is the e mail I received today:

Dear Valued Enrich Members,
We are proud to announce a new airline partner – Etihad Airways. As one of the world's leading airlines, Etihad Airways is renowned for its Arabian hospitality, which promotes qualities such as being cultured, considerate, warm, and generous, thus ensuring that every flight you take is memorable and satisfying.
Etihad Airways serves an international network of 72 destinations in over 45 countries in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, and North America. It operates one of the youngest and most environmentally friendly fleets in the world, and has recently won the 'World's Leading Airline' award at the World Travel Awards in 2010.
Earn up to 200% Enrich Miles
With this partnership, effective 15 September 2011 Enrich members have the chance to earn up to 200% Enrich Miles when flying with Etihad Airways, and can also redeem Enrich Miles for Etihad Airways flight tickets on Coral Economy Class, Pearl Business Class and Diamond First Class.

I hope that this bodes well for both airlines joining OW (or at least becoming partners for redemption) ^
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
I don't think EY will go with either one of the alliances, at least for the time being...
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by 31dany
I don't think EY will go with either one of the alliances, at least for the time being...
Not that important to me as long as we can redeem AA awards on EY (which is supposed to happen sometime after Dec '11, AFAIK).
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Yes. etihad will have to wait and see to see what QR and GF decide to do. And the sour relationship between QF and EY will have some impact.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:27 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Etihad has recently entered into an alliance with Virgin Australia. Virgin Australia are partners with EY, DL (ScaryTeam), SQ(Star) and NZ(Star), so not sure how well this bodes for EY joining oneworld.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.